Talk

Advanced search

Autumn/winter capsule wardrobe

(3 Posts)
Roseybee10 Wed 12-Aug-15 22:04:53

I'm not going back to work until January (still on mat leave) and need a bit of a wardrobe refresh for autumn.

I've been wearing jeggings/skinny jeans all summer and getting a bit bored of only ever wearing them.

I'm trying to keep my wardrobe minimal and also totally broke being on mat leave.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the wardrobe staples to see me through?

I was thinking some long tops I could wear with leggings and boots and maybe a black midi dress for anything dressier but struggling a bit tbh.

Millymollymama Wed 12-Aug-15 22:41:57

I would get taped trousers and ankle boots. Cardigans look good with this or plain shirts. Bow neck ties or high necks. Fitted knit tops look good with A line skirts or a straight skirt. Bold patterns are another key element but won't suit everyone. Red or burgundy is all over the place this winter, especially burgundy handbags. Guess you won't want to afford suede or sheepskin. Tweed is in too and tweed trousers would look good with a cardigan and loafers. A decent button up coat or wrap coat sees you through anything. A fitted dress with a midi flared skirt will be easy to wear for a night out. Surely leggings have had their day? Long boots are over the knee.

Roseybee10 Wed 12-Aug-15 22:56:55

Thanks for your reply.

I was just thinking leggings are comfy lol.
I'm only 5ft3 (sorry should have said) so couldn't really pull off over knee boots, think tapered trousers are out for this reason too :-( I end up looking like a clown in those lmao.
i don't think I'm very fashionable by the sounds of it lol. I don't think I'm very confident with bolder looks tbh. I usually play it very safe.
Maybe I need to step out of my comfort zone.

A lot of those suggestions sound lovely for when I go back to work but maybe a bit dressy for play dates with the kids. I do actually have a burgundy hand bag but rarely get to use it as I've always got the changing bag out with me.

Will try out some of those things for my back to work wardrobe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now