Talk

Advanced search

Decent cheap brown or brown-black mascara?

(10 Posts)

I've remembered why I used to wear the above instead of the black I've been wearing recently, black is far to harsh and obvious on me. Made worse by the top lashes on one eye seeming to stick up more confused

Anyway, any recommendations for a cheap one that is pretty good? I don't like heavy mascara, a huge no-no to anything that gives false lash effect. Just something that can lengthen a little but look more on the natural side?

Preferably something I can get in Boots with the points that have been on my card forever!

Woofsaidthedog Wed 12-Aug-15 21:39:33

I use the natural collection mascara from boots, brown-black and black types. They are excellent! Very cheap, never smear and really separate my eyelashes and look natural. In fact I highly recommend all the natural collection make up.

DCITennison Wed 12-Aug-15 21:41:42

Natural collection. Definitely.
Sooooo good.

Indecisivejo Wed 12-Aug-15 21:45:43

Another vote for natural collection if you want a nice natural look

DCITennison Wed 12-Aug-15 21:45:43

I only tried the natural collection because I read so many recommendations for it, was sceptical cos...£1.99! But really impressed.
Good colour, not wishy-washy like other cheap mascaras (which are still 2/3x the price of NC), goes on very smooth - lovely natural look but layers very well, doesn't flake or smudge.
It's really good stuff.

ALittleFaith Wed 12-Aug-15 21:46:45

I've been using Natural collection for years. Switched a while back and regretted it instantly!

midnightvelvetPart2 Wed 12-Aug-15 22:00:09

Not sure if you class it as cheap but I use No7 Extreme Length and it'd great, comes in black / brown. Its about £12

Never smudges or flakes

Thanks all. Looks like I'll be picking up the Natural Collection one tomorrow then, dirt cheap and will be free with my points too smile It's hard to find a mascara that doesn't look too obvious and 'done' these days. Why can't people get over the false lash thing so it all goes back to normal?!?

Picked some up today along with their tinted moisturiser, a lipstick (even though I never wear lipstick and won't!) and a blush that I shouldn't have bothered with.

The mascara is fab for the price, possibly could've got away with the black one seeing as it is more natural than most around these days, and the tinted moisturiser is pretty good too.

Best bit is they were all free grin

ALittleFaith Fri 14-Aug-15 10:16:22

I really rate their liquid blusher too actually. I find it easy to apply and get a better finish than with powder and a brush. Glad you're happy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now