Talk

Advanced search

What The Chuff is Wrong With GAP Jeans?

(11 Posts)
TrollTheRespawnJeremy Wed 12-Aug-15 20:01:05

I literally tried on EVERY pair of GAP jeans and none of them fit properly.

I am a size 16, so an 18 in some stores where the sizing is on the small side.

18s were all ENORMOUS. 16 were either enormous at the arse or on the thighs or the knees. I dont exactly have a petite bum its one of the biggest bits of me so I am totally mystified at how none of their jeans or even jeggings fit.

HELP! Where can I get jeans? Please. I am losing my patience.

EldonAve Wed 12-Aug-15 20:17:08

Their vanity sizing has gone mad. I'm wearing recently bought 30R jeans from there. I would need a 16-18 most other places

Try Zara or Mango

PetiteBateau Wed 12-Aug-15 20:18:05

Try levis curve range

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Wed 12-Aug-15 20:44:46

It was so weird. I don't know how anyone buys trousers in there.

I didn't think Zara did big arse sizes? Ditto Levi curve only goes up to a 16 and often I'm an 18. If it's a small 16 there is no chance!

maybemyrtle Wed 12-Aug-15 20:50:56

Possibly a silly question, but did you try on any 14s?

PetiteBateau Wed 12-Aug-15 20:51:56

You need six foot long legs for zara jeans

chippednailvarnish Wed 12-Aug-15 20:53:34

Used to love Gap. Size 8 is too big, size 6 are so tight I can't breath. The skinny jeans are too loose on my legs, the straight ones just don't fit.

BerniceBroadside Wed 12-Aug-15 20:56:22

Gap clothing often has American sizing on the labels. I think a U.S. 18 is a 22 in UK sizing.

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Wed 12-Aug-15 21:44:05

14 wouldn't button although 16 had gape.

I did do the U.S. Clothing conversion. Still huge discrepancies size wise.
It's annoying as their denim quality is quite nice- just that the actual trousers are wonky.

hiccupgirl Wed 12-Aug-15 21:49:40

I'm an 16-18 on the bottom and the best jeans I've got recently have been from M&S and Dorothy Perkins. Not the most expensive but they fit me well - pear shape.

I have looked in Gap but can't get my head round their sizing.

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Wed 12-Aug-15 21:57:03

I've tried the M&S ones that everyone raves about but they were very baggy at the knees on me.
Will have a look in Dottys. It's not really been on my radar for a long time as its land of the bland.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now