Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Tell me where you got your good vests from

(19 Posts)
FurbysMakeSexNoises Wed 12-Aug-15 17:20:34

I have three hip length vests previously from Gap body- lowish scoop and very flattering but thin enough bit to show for layering. Can't find similar in Hush or Gap- any ideas? Ideally want three or four to replace my current ones now the elastic has finally given in!

FurbysMakeSexNoises Wed 12-Aug-15 17:49:53

I mean NOT to show for layering.

Millymollymama Wed 12-Aug-15 18:11:30

Zara or M & S.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 12-Aug-15 18:13:55

Uniqlo- the ones with the built in bra are brilliant.

(I have M&S vests for under my work tunic. Definately not for show, just for modesty wink )

PurpleDaisies Wed 12-Aug-15 18:15:36

I really rate the Next ones. They keep their shape nicely and there's a good range of colours.

jenniuol Wed 12-Aug-15 21:26:42

H&M. The only vests I buy now. £3.99 I think.

Pantsalive Thu 13-Aug-15 14:32:28

Forever 21 - very good value and nice and soft.

FurbysMakeSexNoises Thu 13-Aug-15 15:14:24

Thanks for all your responses- will have a browse.

Onlyconnect Thu 13-Aug-15 15:39:49

If you have a bit more to spend, I love the Jigsaw camisole type ones. They are Jersey with lacy top- last really well and look pretty

LovelyBranches Thu 13-Aug-15 16:39:00

When I was pregnant I had a look in Matalan for longer ribbed style vests that I could wear. They were stupidly cheap, I think £3 each but they were amazing. They wash fantastically well, the material didn't fade and they kept their shape (even though I tested them to the max). I wouldn't have a hesitation in recommending them.

OneDayWhenIGrowUp Thu 13-Aug-15 16:41:03

Uniqlo, but the built in support only suitable for the small of boob really. I have some lovely ones from
Banana Republic, and some cheap & cheerful from New Look and Dotty P's both of which actually are quite nice.

kazzawazzawo0 Thu 13-Aug-15 17:04:39

Dunnes online - only £4 and nice scoop neck, nice length, plenty of stretch these

Kelliem Thu 13-Aug-15 18:36:44

I've recently got some from M&Sand boden. The boden ones are thick enough to not see through etc.

WanderingTrolley1 Thu 13-Aug-15 18:37:23

M&S

NeverNic Thu 13-Aug-15 20:41:36

H&M for show under cardis and primark for under blouses

Toomuchtea Fri 14-Aug-15 16:13:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PrimalLass Fri 14-Aug-15 18:23:19

Matalan if you want them long and thick. Just as good as Hush at a fraction of the price. I like the Primark shaping vests for just underneath and covering a bit of cleavage.

PennyPants Fri 14-Aug-15 23:13:31

H&M
New Look
M&S

FurbysMakeSexNoises Sat 15-Aug-15 20:01:59

Returned some nasty synthetic ones from Gap which had a ridiculously low scoop (or my small boobies are too high) and have ordered some M and S and Matalan ones. I'm looking for thick straps so can wear them with shorts/jeans in summer - just prefer this to the thinner straps or lacy ones.

Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: