Talk

Advanced search

School trousers for teen girls

(5 Posts)
LBDD Wed 12-Aug-15 16:42:59

DDs school has decided to crack down on girls uniform this September. This means apparently they will not allow skinnies, jeans or jeggings style trousers. I have no problem as frankly some of the girls wore extremely unsuitable stuff, but, I'm concerned that DDs Tammy Girl trousers will no longer be acceptable though they are more slim fit than truly skinny.
Where does everyone buy their teenagers trousers. Everything I've found is either skinny legged, pu trim, too many pockets or buttons or very old fashioned boot cut or stretchy Jersey fabric which looks fine on a small child but not a curvy teen. I just want straight legged black trousers with no fancy trim or buttons. Help please.

madmother1 Wed 12-Aug-15 16:54:38

My 15 year DD gets hers from H& M. They are straight but a bit jeany looking.

fieldfare Wed 12-Aug-15 16:57:49

Primark.
We just picked up 2 pairs of slim leg black trousers for school. They've a range of lengths too which is handy as she has long legs. Only £10 each so when they come home covered in acrylic paint it's not too horrific to replace them.

Heathcliff27 Wed 12-Aug-15 17:00:00

I got ones from next and I've already told her I think theyre too "jeans like". Will wait and see if she gets pulled up about it. Trouble is she is very slightly built and bootcut style or just normal straight leg trousers seem to swamp her.

LBDD Thu 13-Aug-15 12:13:19

Sorry I was so busy chasing my tail yesterday I forgot I'd posted.
I'll have to check Primark and see wat they're like. The skinny ones from Next are definitely too jeans like unfortunately. I've ordered they're standard ones for a look but some of the reviews mention the wide legs so I'm not hopeful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now