Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a bright lively red lipstick for a brunette

(9 Posts)
Lottapianos Wed 12-Aug-15 12:58:38

I have dark hair, pale rosy skin and blue eyes. I tend to go for fairly dark blue toned reds like Revlon Red or Blake's Red from L'Oreal Colour Riche. I fancy a change for AW and would like to go for something brighter and a colour that's got a bit more 'pop' to it

I also need a lipstick that is non-drying, so I'm a bit scared to try something like Ruby Woo

Any recommendations? Thanks

Millymollymama Wed 12-Aug-15 13:18:30

Chanel Rouge Coco. You can get a shine version if you prefer. Several reds available. I love YSL Volupte - also available in shine. Reds are great. Neither of these are drying. Tom Ford ones are also very good but very pricy. A present maybe?

Lottapianos Wed 12-Aug-15 13:22:03

Thanks Milly. I've heard mixed reviews of Tom Ford lippies and to be honest, I can't quite get my head around spending nearly �40 on a lipstick! Then again, it would probably last me for a year or more. My birthday is in December..... wink

Millymollymama Wed 12-Aug-15 13:42:33

I bought it for my DD's as a present. Yes, it is silly price. Just a bit special though. They like it! We also like Mac.

Lottapianos Wed 12-Aug-15 13:43:52

Well aren't you a lovely mum! MAC is �15, TF is �37 - do you feel that TF is twice as good? Worth the price? Or just nice to spoil yourself?

Millymollymama Wed 12-Aug-15 13:52:31

No. It is not twice as good. Just fantastically packaged! A style icon. I like Dior, Lancome, YSL and Chanel, Mac and occasionally M & S. I don't like drying lipsticks either so a creamy or glossy one is best. I do think you should look at manufacturers that have a good variety so you get a better choice of finish. The YSL one is not that long-lasting though, but lovely to put on. Similar to the Tom Ford and lovely to look at.

scribblegirl Wed 12-Aug-15 13:58:36

I've found that a good budget alternative to Ruby Woo and less drying is Topshop's Hazard - I personally can't tell the difference in colour. Looks much darker here than in real life, I promise!

www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?Nrpp=20&beginIndex=1&langId=-1&productId=1928619&Ntt=hazard&pageSize=20&Nty=1&catalogId=33057&Dy=1&pageNum=1&productIdentifierproduct=product&storeId=12556&qubitRefinements=siteId%3DTopShopUK

I have to say I actually really rate the shades and quality of Topshop's lipsticks, and I'm not usually prised away from the counters in House of Fraser.

justjuanmorebeer Wed 12-Aug-15 15:31:16

Mac Lady Danger. My fave.

Dukketeater Wed 12-Aug-15 16:15:59

I have about 6 proper reds and my absolute favourite is MAC Ruby Woo. Its a blue red rather than an orange red so its wether you wanted a blue red or not but I love it. Its about £14. I wore it for my wedding and it lasted and looked perfect all day. It is Matte.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now