Talk

Advanced search

Bikini line

(20 Posts)
poorbuthappy Wed 12-Aug-15 12:14:41

I've wet shaved, I've creamed and I've dry shaved with a shaver attachment on my epilator, I've waxed.

Everything gives me a red bumpy bikini line the next day which lasts for more than a week. Great look on holiday angry

I'm just about to have a go at epilating through sheer desperation.

Is there any secret way to get a smooth bikini line?

Dukketeater Wed 12-Aug-15 12:25:25

I get the red bumpy rash when I haven't done it for a while. I find its best if I keep it maintained. Have you got time before you go away to do it for a couple of weeks or do you go away very soon?

What about hair removal cream? Just be careful you don't get it inside confused iykwim

Vix270781 Wed 12-Aug-15 12:45:49

I get this every time I shave and I have just one word for you!! SUDOCREM. It is amazing!! Sorts the rash/bumps out within hours and honestly I couldn't live without it!

poorbuthappy Wed 12-Aug-15 13:14:35

The creams do exactly the same thing which shows its not a razor burn, more like spots / cysts. Going away Sunday although UK but with an indoor pool so can't get away with it!
I've been putting Diprobase on the spots because they are looking so angry and I'll have to sort it out on the weekend. The last time I did it was 22nd July and I still have spots.

Aquamarine70 Wed 12-Aug-15 13:18:42

Laser would be the more per abt option. There is something called Tend Skin that may help. When shaving use a new blade, buy the disposable ones with a lubricant strip. Use a shaving oil instead of gel or foam. Stretch skin taut as you shave. Shaving in the direction of growth may be better than against the growth.

Aquamarine70 Wed 12-Aug-15 13:19:06

*permanent option

Vix270781 Wed 12-Aug-15 14:23:44

Maybe a docs appt in that case? Might be that they may try you with something medicated? Fucidin cream was prescribed to me before for an infected spot on my behind which was incredibly painful!

sonata1 Wed 12-Aug-15 14:25:49

I second Sudocrem. I use it routinely after shaving.

Pinickins Wed 12-Aug-15 14:53:18

I struggled with this for years but am currently two sessions into a course of laser and it's absolutely brilliant! 100% recommended. I tried epilating but it's really sore...

sabi333 Wed 12-Aug-15 14:53:32

Laser is the only thing that worked for my ingrown hairs/bumps. No regrets at all. Around here its cheaper and quicker then waxing.

Lilacflower Thu 13-Aug-15 20:31:03

After shaving rub a stick deoderant over the area. No shaving rash grin I always got a shaving rash until I discovered this.

DustBunnyFarmer Thu 13-Aug-15 20:35:00

For a quick embarrassment-averting option (and for the lazy bikini trimmers amongst us), try a leg suit - here's an example, but lots of swimwear manufacturers do them. If you have troublesome follicles and like swimming regularly, a leg suit has its uses.

GaryBaldy Thu 13-Aug-15 22:52:58

Re the shaving in the direction of the hair growth, am I the only person whose body hair grows in all different directions?

poorbuthappy Fri 14-Aug-15 14:15:07

I bought new sudocreme yesterday and have applied twice to the bumps and it looks like they will be gone enough to have another bash tomorrow.

lilacflower will Sure maximum protection do?

Vix270781 Fri 14-Aug-15 15:03:00

Lather it on nice and thick @poorbuthappy, best before bed and by morning you should see more improvement smile

MelonMelonMelon Fri 14-Aug-15 15:10:54

I get the red bumps/spots too. I've found something that really does stop them from happening. It's my total must have for holidays. It's ShaveWorks The Cool Fix. I get mine from thehut.co.uk but it's sold on Amazon too. Totally worth the price to me.

chrome100 Fri 14-Aug-15 15:13:22

Intrigued by the Sudocream - doesn't it get all sticky though?

Vix270781 Fri 14-Aug-15 16:16:21

Chrome100 it is quite thick cream isn't it but you don't have to lather it so thick if you're doing it on a morning. Put a smaller amount on and rub it in well. On a night I lather it on and stick some old knickers on whilst you sleep and when you get up a lot of it will have absorbed and you should see a big improvement! I wouldn't be without it smile

Lndnmummy Fri 14-Aug-15 16:37:03

I have this problem and hate it!! Usinh clerasil pads and follow with sudocreme. Will report back in the morning!

Lilacflower Fri 14-Aug-15 19:15:45

Not sure I've never used that. I mainly use Mitchum or Dove sticks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now