Talk

Advanced search

What are your 4/5/6yo ds' 'weekend' shoes?

(21 Posts)
rainbowbriite Tue 11-Aug-15 18:12:00

I'm not keen on trainers. Converse are fine but my ds seems to wear them out quickly and I don't think they're great in the rain. Inspiration please??

Blueberrymuffint0p Tue 11-Aug-15 20:29:23

My ds wears football boots to play in at the weekend. The ones with little plastic studs. They're great in the rain,got good grip to them,smarter than trainers but possibly not the look you're going for! He loves them though, he's 6.

rainbowbriite Tue 11-Aug-15 20:33:24

Thanks Blueberrymuffin - they sound lovely but was more thinking along the lines of shoes for all day e.g. To go to the supermarket / visit Grandma / go shopping / play at park etc.

Etak15 Tue 11-Aug-15 20:34:03

Depends on the season, flipflops/sandals, crocs at the moment, then ballet pumps, canvas shoes etc then boots in the winter, wellies in the snow or if you know it's gonna be wet n muddy, then back to pumps for spring

cannaethink Tue 11-Aug-15 21:01:56

Clarks do leather casual shoes which I find quite good in the rain. Also Next have nice casual boys shoes though they do tend to be canvas so still have rain issues.

Etak15 Tue 11-Aug-15 21:10:05

Sorry missed the ds bit blush

LostMyBaubles Tue 11-Aug-15 21:15:08

Ds used to wear sneakers. He was obsessed
got some fire trap blue trap smart trainers for 21 from sports direct

tshirtsuntan Tue 11-Aug-15 21:20:17

Campers, the ones that look like converse but in leather or the ankle boot ones.

SaulGood Tue 11-Aug-15 21:20:28

DS currently wears his wellies an awful lot. grin He also wears canvas sandals (his sister's blue flowery ones, he doesn't give a shiny shite about whether things are for boys or girls), sort of utilitarian walking sandal things and brown leather lace-up boots.

drinkscabinet Tue 11-Aug-15 21:21:39

Leather trainers like these. More comfortable than shoes but still pretty smart.

NoMilkNoSugar Tue 11-Aug-15 21:25:45

D's loves his AstroTurf boots. He also has some of the canvas pumps from next which look nice when he needs to be smarter but they're not the best in the rain.

bigkidsdidit Tue 11-Aug-15 21:27:31

Fluorescent yellow lace up trainers hmm I said he could pick.

DarylDixonsDarlin Tue 11-Aug-15 21:56:45

At that age mostly mine wore wellies grin he then progressed to Airwalk skate style shoes (suede, breathable, hard wearing, sturdy, cost about £15-18 a pair, Velcro straps) he would prefer to have Vans or DC instead of the Airwalks, if I can afford them! We avoided Converse as his feet were previously wide, might try them again now they've narrowed down a little.

CharlesRyder Tue 11-Aug-15 22:05:20

Just 5yo DS just wears crocs all the time atm. Last winter he wore fluffy crocs most of the time too. blush

He has splats for rain/ mud and usually has a pair of converse type shoes (often Hummel).

MrsNuckyThompson Tue 11-Aug-15 22:09:16

My DS has leather casual shoes from
Hush puppy (he has wide feet). I don't like trainers either, I think they can make little boys look a bit 'tough' somehow. At the mo he's living in crocs and leather sandals. He also has wellies (and trainers for sport).

Artandco Tue 11-Aug-15 22:10:19

Mine wear 'desert boots' or leather boots in winter. Atm they have two desert boots in navy and tan

dontcryitsonlyajoke Wed 12-Aug-15 11:00:01

Crocs and sandals in the summer.

Last winter he had some blue and orange hush puppies. Trainerish due to the orange flash but shoe enough forme. Will aim for something similar this winter.

RatOnnaStick Wed 12-Aug-15 11:03:11

Whats wrong with trainers? DS is currently in Skechers Foamies which are basically trainers, or sandals when it stops raining. In the winter he has leather boots.

RatOnnaStick Wed 12-Aug-15 11:07:15

DS's are these but we have an outlet nearby so only pay half of that.

JasperDamerel Wed 12-Aug-15 11:14:30

Mine tends to wear his school shoes all year, but in other years we have bought him stuff like this:

www.clarks.co.uk/p/26111693

carrielou2007 Wed 12-Aug-15 11:48:02

My 5 year old has hi tops with a helpful Velcro strap at the top from H and M. He has trainers/crocs/wellies too. He chose some Minion ones and navy ones to take to Cornwall next week. Very reasonable and bit wider than Next for his fat feet smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now