Talk

Advanced search

Reaction to EL double wear - will I get an exchange?

(10 Posts)
GingerLemonTea Tue 11-Aug-15 16:06:38

I bought Estée Lauder double wear & can't tell if it's coincidence but since using a few times have developed a few small red painful spots on my cheek.
I bought it in John Lewis a month ago. Don't think I have the box or receipt though. Do you think they will exchange/ refund?

YetAnotherUserName Tue 11-Aug-15 20:49:08

Do you / did you have a John Lewis card? There'll be a record of the purchase through that, if you used it. Perhaps a bank statement with the amount? In theory they should refund you due to the reaction, in practise you can never tell how strict they will be without a proof of purchase from them.

Do you even remember the assistant who served you? Long shot, but they might remember you.

GingerFoxInAT0phat Tue 11-Aug-15 21:38:51

I bought some Clarins foundation and had a breakout so I took it back, but because I didn't have the receipt they could only exhange.

FallingGoldfinch Wed 12-Aug-15 10:45:11

EL customer service is horrendous - when you're buying stuff, they claim it's great but the reality is very different.

I'm saying that looking at a bag with about £200 worth of stuff that does nothing for me that I'm stuck with sad . . .

Dukketeater Wed 12-Aug-15 10:53:43

EL & Mac are owned by the same group so bare with me as this will make sense...

I had a complaint about MAC, neither the store I bought from or the counter cared so I made a complaint through their website and they were really good. They have a central complaints company so you'd get the same service. Email them, tell them about the breakout. They might not refund you, possibly send you a gift voucher but if you don't get a refund in JL thats better than nothing!

Dukketeater Wed 12-Aug-15 10:54:07

Obviously I mean bear... Not get naked with me...

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 12-Aug-15 11:38:47

Ime they will refund. Even Boots refunds.

DiamondsInTheFlesh Wed 12-Aug-15 22:23:42

goldfinch do you fancy selling your dw? I love it but so skint at the moment

FallingGoldfinch Wed 12-Aug-15 22:37:57

I don't have any DW Diamonds - I quite like that! It's all skin stuff I'm afraid sad.

Turquoiseblue Thu 13-Aug-15 07:18:08

I had a similar reaction to Bobbi brown bb cream, SA advised writing to their company and letting them know- with a copy of proof of purchase - they sent back a cheque months later for the refund.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now