Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Argh finding size 18 trousers is a nightmare!

(17 Posts)
StillFrankie Tue 11-Aug-15 12:58:44

I'm about to start a new job and struggling to find trousers that fit and really need some help!

Soccer I've tried Dorothy Perkins straight leg which are a great fit apart from the waist where they roll down.

Evans are too baggy at the crotch, same problem with asos curve so I don't think plus size is the way to go.

I am 5'5 but I have short legs. Petite is too uncomfortable at the crotch and regular is too long at the ankle.

I do like the short length at dotty Ps but it's just the waist problem I have, my tummy hangs over.

Please can anyone recommend a brand for a max £25? Ideally online shopping too as I can't get into town

StillFrankie Tue 11-Aug-15 12:59:09

Damn autocorrect

MicronesiaIsMyHome Tue 11-Aug-15 14:54:52

I bought the £6.00 pair from George at Asda and they fit me very well. I bought the tall which was just long enough (I'm 5'8")

DoItTooJulia Tue 11-Aug-15 14:57:28

Sainsburys do ok trousers.

Or next in the sale?

New look?

PartyFops Tue 11-Aug-15 14:59:42

Look for high or on waist. M&S can be good. Debenhams too.

Nanasueathome Tue 11-Aug-15 15:01:39

Have a look at Windsmoor

StillFrankie Tue 11-Aug-15 15:28:43

Tried Asda, too tight, too big in next size up.

Primark also too tight and like cardboard so won't shop there

No sainsburys near me

Will look at next though

GreenSkittles Tue 11-Aug-15 15:37:56

Evans made one awesome style of trousers - great fit, great style, and decent fabric. So of course the fuckers have discontinued them...

Bonkerz Tue 11-Aug-15 15:40:27

Yours.co.uk have lots of different lengths

ChrisQuean Tue 11-Aug-15 15:41:46

I'm a big fan of Gap smart trousers. I'm short of leg and they do different lengths.

Skeppers Tue 11-Aug-15 15:41:52

I find Next pretty good, but I have the opposite problem to you- I'm an 18-20 but I'm nearly 6ft so they're always too short in most places! Try Next petite/short? (I usually get Long) smile

StillFrankie Tue 11-Aug-15 17:09:22

The gap sizes confuse me

SamBlackCrow Tue 11-Aug-15 17:10:50

I've just bought a pair of high waisted size 16 jeans from So Fabulous at Very and they fit like a dream. I've also got two tops from there and the sizing is perfect.

addictedtosugar Tue 11-Aug-15 17:13:43

Find some regular trousers which fit well at the waist, then take the hem up, either by stitching, wonderweb stuff, tho I dislike this, or taking to a seamstress.

hiccupgirl Tue 11-Aug-15 18:52:49

I found 2 pairs that fitted perfectly in size 18 in Laura Ashley, of all places recently - sale of course! Sainsburys is also worth a look if you can get to one.

Otherwise I'd suggest trying Next and M&S and maybe Debenhams if all else fails.

I have similar problems with plus size trousers from Evans - far too much pouch overhang and the crotch is enormous. Dorothy Perkins are great for jeans but I'm in between a 16 and 18 so their trousers are either too big or too small.

Kangaroosjump Tue 11-Aug-15 18:54:33

I found peacocks the best fit at that size and have been told river Island also caters for larger bums (I have a giant arse)

Millymollymama Wed 12-Aug-15 14:09:25

M and S are true to size and have loads under £30.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now