Talk

Advanced search

Knicker help please!

(8 Posts)
China1960 Tue 11-Aug-15 12:25:15

I am a size 12-14, apple kind of shape. There isn't much difference between hips & waist (38 hips, 32 waist)
I usually wear no VPL shorts from M&S & am looking for some higher waisted knickers to wear under more clingy clothes. All the ones I've tried (and thats loads from supermarket to expensive) roll down around the waist especially whne sitting down. I'm forever having to adjust them. Any ideas please?

kittykarate Tue 11-Aug-15 14:29:27

M&S midis. If you buy the right size they don't budge, but they are no good under low-rise clothing as they sit just below the belly button.

China1960 Tue 11-Aug-15 18:37:44

I've tried those but no good with my belly. Thanks anyway.

Cupcaketin Tue 11-Aug-15 19:46:04

I bought a pack of the M and S shorts style ones and they are awful...all baggy around the legs, not a good fit at all, they seem so cheap. I think the high leg individual ones are better, like the ones that match the bra's. I would be interested to see what other people say.

kittykarate Wed 12-Aug-15 14:06:45

It's all about the body shape, for me hi-legs and shorts get pushed down by my gut and end up as a rolled sausage of fabric below the overhang.

So, for me midis work and don't roll down but (un)fortunately we're all different.

Millymollymama Wed 12-Aug-15 14:11:53

Sloggi. They do higher standard ones and different leg shapes if you want. Tend to have a bit of vpl though so not sure if they will be ok for you. Fine under anything lined or thicker fabric. Have you tried them?

China1960 Wed 12-Aug-15 14:16:12

Thank you for all info. will have a look at Sloggi. On another note, having read all the bra interventions, I went for proper fitting this morning ( was wearing a 32dd from John Lewis) turns out I'm a 32F. Would never have thought that so thanks to all the bra people on here. I'm in the middle of a major underwear overhaul.

fieldfare Wed 12-Aug-15 16:35:42

I'm not sure what they're called but they're from m&s, quite a high waist but have a high leg and a bit of lace effect around the waistband. Flattering but hold me in too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now