Talk

Advanced search

Where can I buy girls trousers?

(12 Posts)
Pumpkinette Tue 11-Aug-15 11:34:28

Posting here as the other thread re: children's clothes gets no traffic.

Where can I buy trousers for DD?

Not leggings, jeans or joggers. Just nice loose fit girls trousers with an adjustable waistband.

DD currently lives in leggings and she can't stand how jeans feel. I personally hate joggers or children. I am sick of her looking scruffy all the time and leggings are too cold for winter.

When she was little I could find suitable trousers everywhere but for some reason they have all vanished from the shops. I have seen some in places like Mini Boden that look ok but no adjustable waistband so they would fall off her. Help.

poocatcherchampion Tue 11-Aug-15 11:35:35

What age? Have you looked in h&m?

mejon Tue 11-Aug-15 11:45:37

Lands End have a good selection of trousers for girls that are not all of the skinny jeans variety. DD1 isn't fussed in jeans either and has some cords from Gap which have an adjustable waist. They were from last autumn/winter so it may be too early for them to be in stock yet. Failing that, if your DD favours a looser fit, what about boys trousers instead?

Pumpkinette Tue 11-Aug-15 12:14:57

She is not long in age 4-5 clothes (she will be 6 in November but is a tiny little thing)

We had the H&M cords last year but she protested they were too tight on her legs and the heart stitching on the knee was irritating her. I think she has sensory issues with clothes and labels.

I will have a look in Lands End - never shopped there before. I didn't think to look in GAP. I shopped there a lot when she was small because the clothes actually fit her perfectly (as they come up small) but again it was all leggings and joggers. It might be worth a look again now she's moved out of the toddler section sizes.

I was looking a pair of trousers in vertbaudet the other day that look like they might be ok but she is going to need a couple of pairs and they only had one that appeared suitable.

I could try boys trousers but in the past have found they come up wider than the girls clothes for some reason.

Lucked Tue 11-Aug-15 13:52:13

Try zara boys for trousers.

mejon Tue 11-Aug-15 15:26:20

Aha - both mine have that problem though the older one is now beginning to grown into her age size iykwim. Boden have some pull on cord trousers with a soft drawstring waistband - not sure if they'd be suitable? I often have to sew a few tucks in the waistbands of DD2's trousers/leggings otherwise as you say, they just fall down. I've just had a look at the Jojomamanbebe website and there's some adjustable waist and drawstring trousers there (boys and girls). They go up to age 5-6 but the sizes are very generous (or at least they used to be!)

hugoagogo Tue 11-Aug-15 15:34:25

La redoute might be worth a look.

Also you might have some luck with trespass/regatta type of stuff?

Pumpkinette Wed 12-Aug-15 16:19:48

I've had a look and Lands End children's clothes start at age 8. We have tried drawstring in the past but they do slip a bit and she can't manage to tie them back up.

I will have a look at the other suggestions.

mejon Wed 12-Aug-15 21:04:07

Pumpkinette - there's a 'girl' and 'little girl' option on the Lands End site - little girl sizes start at age 4. Having said that, there doesn't appear to be much on there at the minute that isn't jeans, leggings or sweatpants. Hope you find something soon.

NeverNic Wed 12-Aug-15 21:27:17

I have boys, but as my eldest is on the small size he wears zara trousers (both boys and girl ranges). The adjustable waistbands are brilliant. Also a lot of the cuts are pretty classic. We also get trousers and jeans in next and a lot of them are adjustable. I don't know about the girls range though.

Pumpkinette Fri 14-Aug-15 22:35:06

Thanks mejon I will have a look again .

NeverNic I bought DD 2 pairs of trousers from Zara a couple of years back. One ripped at the crotch in the first wash and the hems fell down on the other pair after a couple of weeks. I was put off buying from them again as the quality was poor. I might have just been unlucky as everyone's else raves about their clothes. I will have a look when I'm in town at the weekend.

NeverNic Fri 14-Aug-15 23:41:00

I've never had a problem with their clothes apart from the odd hole in cheap tshirts or a long overlock. My youngest is wearing his brother's clothes now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now