Talk

Advanced search

How to make shoe soles grippy?

(10 Posts)
KanyesVest Mon 10-Aug-15 23:13:10

Would a good sanding do it? I've a pair of lace ups that I want to dig out again in the next couple of weeks but I've just remembered I had black and blue knees before I put the away for the summer.

Binit Mon 10-Aug-15 23:18:33

I'd scratch them with a Stanley knife, would make deeper grooves than sanding. Sanding makes things smooth anyway.

WhereTheFuckIsMyFuckingCoat Mon 10-Aug-15 23:20:21

I had a pair of sandals as a flower girl when I was little and kept landing on my arse with my hooped skirt over my head so my auntie scraped them with a fork. Did the trick!

ThatBloodyWoman Mon 10-Aug-15 23:26:08

Take them to Timpsons/cobblers/wherever and ask them to put a grippier sole on.

KanyesVest Mon 10-Aug-15 23:33:11

Dear gods, a Stanley knife near precious shoes?!? Not sure I could cope with that shock I was hoping sand paper would unsmooth the too smooth, kind of a worse before it gets better thing I may not have paid much attention that time we did furniture restoration in school A fork may be a more gentle start, ease myself in to a Dexter spin off.

I looked into getting them resoled but it was going to cost nearly as much as I paid for them (love a good sale) so I was hoping for a diy effort first.

Themoleandcrew Mon 10-Aug-15 23:34:27

Use a grater.

sonata1 Mon 10-Aug-15 23:35:24

My late Mum used to score them with a fork too.

KanyesVest Mon 10-Aug-15 23:37:55

Oh, that's a good idea. I have an old one I've been meaning to chuck out, so it may have gained reprieve.

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 11-Aug-15 00:12:28

Cheese grater. Apparently this is what they do with models' shoes before they go down the catwalk.

VenusRising Tue 11-Aug-15 00:28:33

Cheese grater and hair spray innit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now