Talk

Advanced search

Is the Mulberry store at Bicester any good?

(10 Posts)
Granitagran Mon 10-Aug-15 22:38:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Granitagran Tue 11-Aug-15 07:49:38

carrie74 Tue 11-Aug-15 07:58:22

The factory shop in Shepton Mallet is usually about 30% off, so I imagine Bicester is similar. You never know what will be in though: I've been to SM and they have lots of v v expensive pieces (special leathers for example), where the discount still doesn't render it affordable. Some weeks they'll have classics in, other times it can all be a bit outlandish.

Granitagran Tue 11-Aug-15 09:15:02

Carpaccio Tue 11-Aug-15 15:05:53

Bicester is okay - the prices are IME the same as in the other Mulberry outlets. I do however think the Shepton Mallet one is nicer and less busy and the items just seem to be in better condition than in Bicester.

If there is anything special you want to buy or look at, it might be an idea to call first to check they have it in stock.

toastandmarmiterocks Tue 11-Aug-15 18:11:59

I was really disappointed by Bicester Village, all the shops had the dodgy colours/styles that wouldn't sell in the main stores... Maybe I was just unlucky.

Coastingit Tue 11-Aug-15 19:19:27

On the website 'the purse forum' they list the stock available at each outlet, worth a look. Or yes to phoning beforehand if you want something specific - although they won't keep something aside for you unless you pay upfront.

AngelWings74 Tue 11-Aug-15 21:47:53

I traveled there and was really disappointed. The babes they had were all the colours that no one would want and they were not that discounted.

carrielou2007 Wed 12-Aug-15 11:55:57

We live not too far from Shepton Mallet so do go quite often and cx be very hit or miss. I went two weeks ago (wanting a smaller purse than my continental) and got exactly what I was after £186 instead of £275. Miss the coffee shop that used to be there. Always lovely for a wander though smile

Millymollymama Wed 12-Aug-15 13:23:23

Mulberry at BV tends to have the bags in the colours that do not sell. Sometimes you will get a bag in Oak or a standard colour so it depends what you want, but you may not. BV is good for a day out though because the shops there are brilliant - even if you just look! DO NOT GO AT THE WEEKEND. Think twice about the summer holidays! If you want to go, get there before/at 10.00 am when it opens or later in the afternoon on a Thursday for late night. Far less people then! Queues for car park and shops otherwise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now