Talk

Advanced search

Swimsuit for curves with bust support and bum coverage

(14 Posts)
Appervine Mon 10-Aug-15 22:08:06

I'm hourglass size 14. Big boobs which need plenty of support, and don't like high cut legs. I've currently got one of the Boden one piece halter neck costumes which gives good arse coverage but leaves me feeling a bit exposed and unsupported up top (34g). I don't mind throwing a bit of money at the right costume as I've just come back from a holiday where I felt uncomfortable in the pool and it rather spoilt things. I'd love some suggestions please.

Liveinthepresent Tue 11-Aug-15 07:01:47

I have found fantasie do some lovely ones - with underwires etc for support. I actually braved one of their bikinis this year !
What I tend to do is order a selection from somewhere like figleaves.
Or next actually they have a good selection.
My dm has a Miraclesuit which is very flattering but it's a bit of an effort to wriggle in and out of.

Appervine Tue 11-Aug-15 07:56:01

Thanks Liveinthepresent. I'll check them out.

SusanMichelson Tue 11-Aug-15 08:02:17

Lands End do some nice supportive ones.

Allinafankle Tue 11-Aug-15 08:08:38

I've got a lovely one from Forluna. Not cheap and it might not be your style but I'm normally very self-conscious in a swimsuit and feel quite happy in this. I'm a 14-16 36F so feel your pain!

mimiasovitch Tue 11-Aug-15 09:34:20

I find swimsuits a nightmare. I'm a 32gg, with a size 16 bottom, so a cupsized swimsuit is always too small on my bottom half, and I'm certainly not going to a public pool in a bikini. Tankinis always ride up. If a regular bather could hoist my boobs up enough I'd be delighted.

plummyjam Tue 11-Aug-15 12:11:43

I've just bought this which provides good arse coverage but may be a bit sporty for some.

Stereolab Tue 11-Aug-15 17:52:38

My second swimsuit recommendation this evening! Fatface. I am slim(ish) but top heavy and am familiar with the fear of popping out of my swimwear. Found a swimsuit in Fatface last week and have felt totally comfortable and confident in it by the pool. Supportive but not frumpy. Have a look at their website.

pashmina696 Tue 11-Aug-15 17:57:20

bravissimo ones are great, but they advised a 32 back is a size 12 suit so i usually size up to a 34 back for a better fit.

Appervine Wed 12-Aug-15 00:20:26

Thank you for all these recommendations. It's great to have some options to explore!

dontcryitsonlyajoke Wed 12-Aug-15 10:42:49

Bravissimo - I have 2 costumes and 2 bikinis from there. I'm a 34H and they are really supportive and flattering. High street stuff doesn't have the boob coverage. Their bikinis usually have a skimpier and fuller bottomed option (my arse requires the latter!)

Millymollymama Wed 12-Aug-15 13:59:59

Figleaves have bra sized ones from Fantasie. Bravissimo too, as above. If you can find a dedicated swimsuit shop, this can be helpful. Sunflair are quite expensive but do a very flattering job for boobs, bums and tums.

Appervine Thu 13-Aug-15 07:40:47

Ha ha, don't cry. Mine too!

I'm definitely going to explore the dedicated swimsuit shop option too. I'm in London so I'm sure there will be one. Thank you!

fruitpastille Thu 13-Aug-15 07:44:58

Another bravissimo fan. I have a tankini with shorts. You buy top and bottoms separately to fit. I do have to get dh to help me do up the back though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now