Talk

Advanced search

Stylish outfit to fly in. Help needed

(4 Posts)
lk26 Mon 10-Aug-15 15:30:33

I am going to New York with some oh so stylish friends in a month and I just know they will all turn up looking fab and I won't sad
So please help me with some style tips and ideas please.
I am 5ft6 and a size 14.

dontcryitsonlyajoke Mon 10-Aug-15 16:06:31

Someone on here recommended The Vivienne Files blog to me recently. It's good about putting stylish outfits together and if you have a search she puts travel wardrobes together quite often - what to wear while travelling and what to pack. Her 4 x 4 wardrobe is a good idea too - a few things designed to look great together.

IME with holiday wardrobes (and I'm on holiday at a big resort observing several different nationalities of women right now), it's about fabulous accessories and simple clothes - great swimwear, beach or day bag, bracelets, shoes, sunglasses. And then simple clothes with them.

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 10-Aug-15 16:07:19

Personally I'd rather be comfortable than stylish when flying, but if I want to look smarter (just in case an upgrade is a possibility) I wear:

- Loose fitting plain dark trousers (elastic waistband if possible)
- smartish shoes that I can easily slip on and off and have some "give" in them for when my feet swell
- loose fitting top
- Jersey blazer
- co-ordinating scarf
- nice/posh bag
- I'd also have my hair/nails done & some understated jewellery

Have a great time!

petitdonkey Mon 10-Aug-15 16:19:01

Great advice already - when I travel I always start with one item that I love (a red handbag for example) then work from that. You won't go far wrong in black or denim - I would suggest maybe soft, black ankle length trousers, a silk t-shirt or camisole also in black, a white blazer/jacket, pointed flats and a printed scarf that doubles as a blanket for the plane. Simple, chic and easy. Make sure your hair and make-up is immaculate and people don't really notice your clothes.

Do you use Pinterest? So many packing list suggestions there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now