Talk

Advanced search

Waterproof, warm, non ugly boots?

(9 Posts)
DirtyMugPolice Mon 10-Aug-15 13:13:40

Do such things exist?! DS starts school in September and I'll be going on maternity leave in November, baby #2 due in December. So I'll be doing the school run for the next year after that and need to suitable footwear! It's about a 10-15 minute walk, and I need some boots that will keep my feet dry/warm and have a decent grip maybe as it's partly uphill.

Any recommendations for non fugly boots?! Black I guess as that will go with everything and I will mostly wear them over leggings/jeggings smile

I just wear normal leather boots for the school run and walking elsewhere. I don't understand the thought that waterproof 'warm' boots are needed tbh.

everythingsgoingsouth Mon 10-Aug-15 13:17:45

UGG grandle? Timberland?
depends on price range too I guess.
Look at Office and schuh websites too, to give you some ideas.smile

DirtyMugPolice Mon 10-Aug-15 13:22:30

triptrap I suppose you're right - if my get aren't wet owing to waterproof boots then they won't be cold!

Thanks everything have asked for schuch vouchers for my birthday so will browse there. Budget - happy to spend up to £150 ish I think!

bishboschone Mon 10-Aug-15 14:42:22

I wear ugg noira in the winter for school runs. They are perfect .

MissRainbowBrite Mon 10-Aug-15 14:45:04

Merrell Captiva. Warm, grippy, water and snow proof. Best winter boots I've owned. They are calf length and come in brown or black.
I got mine last autumn when Jones Bootmaker sent me a 20% code.

DirtyMugPolice Tue 11-Aug-15 16:13:30

Thank you very much - I've been happily browsing these!

Janek Tue 11-Aug-15 16:25:45

triptrap you need warm waterproof boots to keep your feet warm! I have some merrell boots that do just that and i have never been happier in winter than since i bought them. My mil gave me some fly boots last februsry and my feet were just not warm enough, it was not because they were wet, just i suffer with cold feet and normal, non-insulated boots just do not keep them warm.

OP you need 'lifestyle winter boots', which differentiate them from hiking boots which would also meet your criteria, but be much less stylish!

I don't live in the north pole Janek ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now