Talk

Advanced search

What to wear to a DofE Gold presentation

(6 Posts)
SteamyMcDreamy Mon 10-Aug-15 10:16:17

I will be going to St James palace with my DS in late September and haven't got a clue what to wear. I do have a few dresses but I don't think they will be dressy enough. I would prefer to buy something I can wear again and not spend more than £100. I'd also love some help on the shoe front please. I own a couple of pairs of smart black court shoes but only sandals and boots in other colours.

MyVisionsComeFromSoup Mon 10-Aug-15 10:36:00

Majority of mothers at DD1s presentation were a cross between job interview and wedding outfits, as were the DC. There's a lot of standing about initially, then sitting in a stuffy room (if it's a hot day), so something comfortable. The DC do a lot of standing in the room (from just before HRH arrives till after he's chatted to each group), so sensible footwear is a good idea for them.

SteamyMcDreamy Mon 17-Aug-15 14:58:19

Sorry for bumping. Just wondered if anyone could maybe suggest any outfits or examples. Thank you.

FauxFox Mon 17-Aug-15 18:24:45

Pied a Terre do some lovely dresses that are great for this type of occasion imo this blue one is nice, maybe with a not too high heel in a neutral or snake?

AFlorrick Mon 17-Aug-15 18:30:51

Can you channel the Duchess of Cambridge and go LK Bennett or or Hobbs? Both may have items in the sale at the moment. I'd definitely go dress/jacket combo. You don't say what size you are but both are generous in their sizes.

dontcryitsonlyajoke Mon 17-Aug-15 18:52:29

A dress and court shoes would be fine, if mine is anything to go by (though it was 20 years ago!) it's not like a wedding where everyone is a bit on show.

A lovely tea dress if that's your sort of thing, or more like the pied a Terre linked to above would be ideal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now