Talk

Advanced search

Waaaah! La Roche posay physiological cleanser is no more. Alternatives?

(18 Posts)
Fatrascals Mon 10-Aug-15 08:51:39

Hi
I was on the long skincare threads and transformed my skincare.
Now I can't get my favourite cleanser which was LRP a physiological.
I have started getting big awful spots again (well, I've had two this week after none for two months) despite the rest of my routine stating the same!

Can anyone recommend an alternative please? I have combo skin prone to cystic acne type spots.

Tia

gracielooloo Mon 10-Aug-15 13:48:31

Good thread, I also use this and tried to get it in my local Boots.
Why would they discontinue this?
I've used an Avene one that was quite good.

TarkaLiotta Mon 10-Aug-15 14:23:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Charityworker34 Mon 10-Aug-15 15:08:52

WHAT??? This is TERRIBLE news, I have used the Physiological Cleansing gel religiously for two years! What will they replace it with?!

AwkwardSquad Mon 10-Aug-15 15:13:08

LRP say that the replacement for the Physiological cleansing gel is the new Make up remover Micellar water gel. I've been using it for a few days now and it seems ok.

Charityworker34 Mon 10-Aug-15 15:18:12

Thanks, I will get a bottle of that when my current physiological gel runs out. Only cleanser my skin has really loved EVER

Fatrascals Mon 10-Aug-15 17:54:46

I am gutted.

So awful having spots again after a lovely break.
I might try the Micellar water then but there are at least 2 .....physiological and Efflaclar i think?

Fatrascals Mon 10-Aug-15 17:55:18

Which one do you use please tarka ?

lurkingaround Mon 10-Aug-15 19:49:35

If it's any help the derm had the physiological micellar water.

OttiliaVonBCup Mon 10-Aug-15 20:18:09

They did what?

Just when I need a new one.

Saurus72 Mon 10-Aug-15 20:20:08

I just use the LRP Effaclar face wash - tis brilliant and (along with the Effaclar Duocream) keeps my hormonal and upset skin spot free. Takes my make up off fine.

OttiliaVonBCup Mon 10-Aug-15 20:23:53

I think I'll try this one
www.laroche-posay.co.uk/product-treatments/Rosaliac/Rosaliac-Make-up-Remover-Gel-p760.aspx

Coastingit Mon 10-Aug-15 20:49:47

There is an identical thread to this already!

Dermalogica Ultracalming is very similar.

lurkingaround Mon 10-Aug-15 21:06:41

Coasting it you're right, there is! So my above post makes not much sense - I thought it was the other thread. Was at the derm on Friday. She used to have the physiological cleanser in the bathrooms, (in case she needs you to remove your makeup), now she has the Micellar water.

Fatrascals Mon 10-Aug-15 21:54:49

Ah! I understand your post now lurking

Cloggal Mon 10-Aug-15 21:57:38

The rosaliac gel is very similar to me.

Valsoldknickers Mon 10-Aug-15 22:17:16

I have been using LRP Micellar Gel like AwkwardSquad. It makes my eyes really sore so I use a cheap eye makeup remover separately. Their Physiological cleanser never made my eyes react sad

Big bottles of Garnier Micellar Water have been on sale for €5 in Penney's in Ireland for the last few months. I can't knock it tbh. Maybe Primark in the UK are doing a similar offer?

clutterfly Mon 10-Aug-15 23:00:33

Oh no!! What a blow!! My skin was transformed when I found it 2 years ago. Thank you for posting the news and letting me come to terms with it in the comfort of my own home rather than in the aisle of boots!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now