Talk

Advanced search

Would this look ok? (hair pic included)

(60 Posts)

Bored with my hair.. again. Had it coloured recently and it's a bit dark..especially down the lengths. I really would like to try going grey again soon.

I fancy a short cut..but a bit scared of looking like a bloke !

Current hair and a couple if ideas... any thoughts?

BecksTroll Mon 10-Aug-15 00:48:26

Blonde highlights and a concave bob with layered fringe?

BeCarefulWithThat Mon 10-Aug-15 01:06:30

Out if those two, I would go for the first one (brunette model) because it's a younger, sharper cut. The other one could look a bit frumpy.

HoundoftheBaskervilles Mon 10-Aug-15 01:30:14

Ohh, GO GREY, do it, and have a shorter more directional cut.

HoundoftheBaskervilles Mon 10-Aug-15 01:40:01

How old be ye?

BitOfFun Mon 10-Aug-15 01:47:08

Definitely go for a shorter, structured crop. The length at the moment isn't flattering your bone structure. I think the brunette style would look great, and it would still look good if you let the grey come through.

PetiteBateau Mon 10-Aug-15 08:31:25

I like the brunette style, it's lovely

I'm nearly 48,, and I agree my hair does nothing for me right now. I keep toying with growing it long again, realise I look like I've parked my broomstick round the corner grin and it ends up as a boring bob like it is now.

I really want to go grey..did it for 8 months then panicked and dyed it and it looks rubbish.. so thinking short is the best way to start again!

Ok I'm going to see if anywhere can fit me in... and will post a pic if I'm not sobbing in a corner later!

CrystalMcPistol Mon 10-Aug-15 10:56:00

Definitely the brunette crop, very stylish. The blonde one is a bit of a newsreader hairstyle.

LoveVintage Mon 10-Aug-15 10:58:35

What about something like this.

Dowser Mon 10-Aug-15 11:08:51

That's lovely and would really complement your face op which seems to be buried under your hair.

Well I did it... and I think I like it.. love the short feeling at the back as I've never had hair this short before. My hair is a bit poofy on top tho. (I have thick hair) I'm not familiar with products so can anyone recommend something that will stop it becoming a mushroom shape? I did think about going MEGA short all over but that seemed a bit to much of a leap in one go!

CrystalMcPistol Mon 10-Aug-15 13:43:17

Swit swoo!

That's quite the transformation. Really suits you OP.

Eastpoint Mon 10-Aug-15 13:43:53

That looks like a great haircut. I know your first picture was in the middle of the night but your face looks much bouncier & the new length really suits you.

Mutt Mon 10-Aug-15 13:44:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FabULouse Mon 10-Aug-15 13:46:23

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Mutt Mon 10-Aug-15 13:51:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ScarlettDarling Mon 10-Aug-15 13:55:47

Wow, you look 10 years younger!

polyhymnia Mon 10-Aug-15 14:02:26

Much much better length and definitely more youthful - the fringe in the eyes would drive me mad personally but it sure looks good! it would look lovely in a sivery grey, if you can get help with achieving that effect.

Deeznutz Mon 10-Aug-15 14:12:06

You really suit short hair. Infinitely better. I think the Sliding Doors cut that was on here the other day would work brilliantly.

BitOfFun Mon 10-Aug-15 14:29:28

Looks brilliant- good for you grasping the nettle!

greenhill Mon 10-Aug-15 14:35:26

That really suits you <attempts wolf whistle and fails> grin

Waywarddaughter Mon 10-Aug-15 16:37:05

Oh yes, very nice indeed - can you pop along to my hairdressers with me so they know what to do?!

TheChocolateDidIt Mon 10-Aug-15 16:46:30

You do look fab! It changes the shape of your face. I recommend for poofy hair, strighteners and frizz ease.

PetiteBateau Mon 10-Aug-15 16:57:49

Oh you look lovely!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now