Talk

Advanced search

what do you wear orange with?

(13 Posts)
DarylDixonsDarlin Mon 10-Aug-15 00:24:39

I have a new favourite colour - orange! Preferably burnt orange. Also loving terracotta and brick red at the moment, I can see myself wearing a lot of it over the autumn months and into winter. Wore a dark orange t shirt for the first time ever and loved it. I wore it with darkish blue denim, no accessories just weekend standard jeans and tee.

I was totally surprised that orange seems to go well with grey? What other colours should I try with it, are there any colours it looks really terrible with?

So, how do you wear your orange? I'm not having much luck with pinterest searching tonight, so pics and links welcomed!

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Mon 10-Aug-15 01:02:26

I love orange too! I like it with navy, and I have seen it work well with clashing hot pink but that's not a look I think I can pull off.

It's tricky with black - it can look a bit harsh, I think, depending on the shade of orange. Purple and orange is a bit hippyish, ditto blue other than denim.

Wish I had an orange t shirt again now!

ARV1981 Mon 10-Aug-15 05:47:21

I have a few Orange things...

I wear them with black, navy or white. I also love Orange with pink, but I have never had the guts to pull it off! Red might work, but again I think you have to be quite brave?

I would definitely avoid matching it with purple.

Burnt Orange with brown is quite safe tone-wise, but may make you feel like a pair of 70s curtains.... but I have a friend who pulls this off really well, so try it!

BestIsWest Mon 10-Aug-15 05:57:09

Navy as others have said, some other shades of blue work too.

BikeRunSki Mon 10-Aug-15 06:49:16

Ds loves orange, and tends to wear it with bright blue/emerald skinny jeans, but is only 6, so he can get away with looking like a CBeebies presenter.

dontcryitsonlyajoke Mon 10-Aug-15 07:22:20

I love orange! I don't like black with it so much (but I'm not a black fan!) but wear it with grey - works with a darker charcoal grey as well as a paler grey. Also great with navy and blue denim.

I like it with brown though best to avoid deep brown and deep orange I think - quite 70s - and that neutral beige chino fabric colour works well too. The right orange can work brilliantly with a khaki or olive green too.

If you're feeling bold, I wear an orange top with a mustard cardigan - very bright but looks great. Needs to be quite a deep orange for this to work I think.

Coral clothes can be quite pinky, but the more orangey coral colour is gorgeous. I have some (fake) coral jewellery which is lovely.

Zingy tangerine orange is lovely too. I have a dress made up of this and a mid grey which is awesome. It's only really neon orange I don't like!

I never realised that I liked orange so much, but recently been trying to sort out a basics wardrobe after years of pregnancy/breastfeeding have rendered my wardrobe ill fitting and shabby. Turns out my favourite things left pretty much all have some orange in! So it is now going to be one of the main accent colours in my wardrobe.

BrassicaBabe Mon 10-Aug-15 07:40:03

I wear burnt orange with teal

CointreauVersial Mon 10-Aug-15 08:24:31

Orange can look amazing with leopard print!

Noseypoke Mon 10-Aug-15 08:28:40

I have beautiful orange heels and I always get lots of compliments when I wear them with a cobalt blue dress.

Dowser Mon 10-Aug-15 09:51:32

White jeans/ trousers. Nothing says summer as much as these two colours together except maybe turquoise.

Dowser Mon 10-Aug-15 09:52:18

Turquoise and white that is ( sea and white sand!)

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Mon 10-Aug-15 09:59:31

With my orange dress. I use either green, black or navy accessories

DarylDixonsDarlin Mon 10-Aug-15 10:20:48

Thanks that's great, lots of workable combinations there for me then! grin. Very helpful flowers

I may have to take baby steps though, not used to wearing anything other than navy, ivory/off white, burgundy/wine or jeans! blushI love teal and think it suits me, but the darker shades of it. Turquoise I love, but it doesn't love me back - I googled teal and orange, wow! Totally fallen for that look.

I have brown boots and am getting a brown bag, so I will probably keep brown to my accessories only. So excited about autumn clothes now, off to trawl ebay for more orange grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now