Talk

Advanced search

Make up counter "lessons"

(4 Posts)
Ohmymg Sun 09-Aug-15 21:53:08

Has anyone used a make up counter to have a lesson in make application that they would recommend?

I'm bridesmaid shortly and will be doing our own make up so would like some decent products and pointers for the day.

Got a few large department stores nearby so plenty of choice- the benefit one seems ok at £30 but others don't seem to do prices.

I'm wanting something quite natural but when I do my eye make up it looks like I've either had it plastered on or haven't put any at all on

PretzelPrincess Sun 09-Aug-15 21:55:21

Bobbi brown are good and free! They are trained MUA unlike benefit. Plus you can take products and brushes you already have and they'll show you how to use them.

Fairylea Sun 09-Aug-15 21:56:54

I worked for clinique for 15 years and we never used to charge. Any make up consultation was free of charge, of course there was the inference that you were going to purchase something but there was no obligation. Chanel and Lancome were the same when I worked for them. I'd just go and ask at the counter and try a few out!

There's very little difference between training between the brands so just approach a consultant that you think has done their own make up well and ask them (bearing in mind if they are wearing a lot of make up it may just be due to company requirements!)

Ohmymg Sun 09-Aug-15 22:10:58

Thank you, I wear very little make up day to day. A matte foundation with some bronzer, a little kohl eyeliner and then add blush and lipstick for a night out.

If I do wear eyeshadow I tend to just blend it with my eyeshadow- I am a mascara addict though.

I'll check out bobbi brown, am
More than happy to purchase some eye shadow to use on the day and possibly a lipstick too. Thank you again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now