Talk

Advanced search

Are either Lancôme Genefique or Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair serums worth it?

(8 Posts)
MixedBerrys Sun 09-Aug-15 19:41:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 09-Aug-15 20:41:13

I can't speak for the Lancôme, but I am religious about ANR. I would happily scrimp on various other things to make sure I have it. For me it's one of those things that I may not notice it much when I'm using it, but if I skip a few days, I definitely notice a big difference. Obviously everyone's different though, and from bitter experience I wouldn't shell out without trying a sample for a few days first.

MixedBerrys Sun 09-Aug-15 21:26:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Only1scoop Sun 09-Aug-15 21:28:56

I've tried both and not greatly impressed

Ysl forever youth liberator is often same price or cheaper when on offer and knocks spots off those two.

Nettletheelf Sun 09-Aug-15 23:27:56

I always buy L'Oreal serums in preference to Lancôme. Same company, same formula, a third of the price.

I tried ANR but didn't see enough of a difference to warrant buying it regularly. It's been around for years, so I suspect that it's not at the cutting edge of science.

(I secretly think that it's probably all snake oil anyway).

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 09-Aug-15 23:53:57

mixedberrys my skin just looks better with it, plumper, more hydrated, less fine lines. nettletheelf ANR was reformulated a couple of years back, but obviously it's all just personal preference - it definitely works for me!

SlipperyLizard Mon 10-Aug-15 07:22:30

Lancome genefique did absolutely nothing for me, and I noticed no difference when I stopped. I've had a sample of ANR and didn't see a difference.

I suspect snake oil too (but doesn't stop me falling for it).

Girlsbrigadewashorrible Mon 10-Aug-15 07:35:29

I find my skin looks better in the morning when I have used a treatment oil the night before. I love the relaxing scents in lots of these oils and I think they give me a good nights sleep, hence my skin looks more refreshed and glowing. I like the Liz Earle superskin one at the moment.
I have stopped wearing a serum during the daytime at present as I am using a thick tinted sun cream and it would feel like product overload.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now