Talk

Advanced search

Facial skin care help please!

(10 Posts)
NobleLocks Sun 09-Aug-15 19:26:18

Hello,

I really need to overhaul my facial skincare!

I have very oily spot prone skin, im in my mid twenties and work in a job where I get so hot!
Make up slides off my face, so I don't wear it to work. I've ended up using talc to attempt to rectify it!
I use a tea tree face wash, it seems to do nothing, and although I attempt to use a vitamin e face cream it seems pointless as any moisturiser seems to promote the oil build up!

It's driving me crazy! I did try primer for make up, but that seems to make it more slippery! My face is getting worse and worse and I'm quite embarrassed, I'd love some help please!

Sal1977 Sun 09-Aug-15 19:39:10

As a skin therapist I really recommend you have a look at Dermalogica's Medibac range. They do a skin kit which is a selection of the products for you to try before committing to the full size bottles.

Stick it into Google and have a look!

NobleLocks Sun 09-Aug-15 20:15:04

Ooh thank you, would it be worth going for a consultation somewhere?

Sal1977 Sun 09-Aug-15 23:30:31

Yes definitely! There are of course loads of other skincare brands but Dermalogica is the only one I can comment on. You can do a salon Finder on their website and go along for a free Facemapping appointment where the therapist will have a good look at your skin and do a full consultation and give you samples etc. good luck!

sksk Mon 10-Aug-15 10:29:22

I've seen some people post positive comments here on La Roche Posay Serozinc- it's either a spray or toner type of product.

NobleLocks Mon 10-Aug-15 11:05:17

Fantastic! I've ordered the oily skin kit as I'm more oil than acne.

Very very reasonably priced! Thank you x

NobleLocks Mon 10-Aug-15 17:05:37

Would anyone have a good foundation to recommend?

sksk Tue 11-Aug-15 11:33:09

Estée Lauder double wear perhaps? They also do a lighter version also which is still matte, I think.

NobleLocks Tue 11-Aug-15 13:49:58

Thank you smile

avagosling Tue 11-Aug-15 15:37:38

Have a look at balancing your hormones from the inside out with herbs such as agnus castus, dong quai and evening primrose oil or starflower. Sounds like the issue is definitely internal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now