Talk

Advanced search

Help - I have no idea what I am doing

(4 Posts)
BeatendownGF Sun 09-Aug-15 18:52:16

I posted this initially in AIBU and was directed here. I'm really hoping for some style advice.

Short back story - I'm very newly single and am going for a day/night out in York next week with a friend.

I have looked through my wardrobe and realised I have nothing to wear that would be suitable. I've got my work clothes and then I've got my casual clothes and almost nothing in between.

I have booked into the hairdressers for a change of style but I have been out of the 'going out scene' for far too long so I have no idea what I should be wearing.

Can anyone help me - I don't want people to laugh at me.

If it helps I am tall and a size 16. I am in my early 30s. Budget perhaps £100. Hopefully I can buy things that I will get a lot of use out of.

Help! smile

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 09-Aug-15 18:59:49

Do you know what colours suit you?
Any particular styles you like/celebrities you'd like to emulate?

Are you looking for things like smart jeans and tops? Or dresses?

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 09-Aug-15 19:16:25

Just seen your other thread.

I would buy some decent smart jeans. I would go for wide leg myself, but try on a few styles to see which you feel best in.

Depending on the weather, I'd go for some nice sandals or ankle boots, a smart fitted top (maybe a thin fitted jumper if cold).

I'd go for either a jersey blazer or jersey biker jacket. Plus take a scarf that matches some of the other colours you're wearing if it's cold.

I'd also treat myself to a decent bag (or two! One for day, one for evening) and a statement necklace and bracelet so you feel dressed up.

not sure if you can get all that for £100, but I'd try tkmaxx first of all as they can have some great (and unusual) stuff for quite cheap.

BeatendownGF Sun 09-Aug-15 19:31:41

Itscurtains - thank you so much. I have got the smart jeans. I am looking at a top on Next which is £26 (it is called the embellished woven tee but looks quite smart I think).

Now I just need the jacket!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now