Talk

Advanced search

Hair Extensions

(9 Posts)
pumapants Sun 09-Aug-15 12:08:27

How do we feel about these? I'm growing my hair out at the moment and in the most part I love it. But for the odd special occasion, I would quite like longer hair.

I have a christening and a wedding coming up that I would like a bit of extra length for, and wondering if clip-in extensions are still a thing? (Had them as a teenager!)

How would I go about matching the colour, could I ask my hairdresser to help? My hair just touches my collar bone if it's been straightened at the moment.

scatterthenuns Sun 09-Aug-15 12:13:55

I like them very much. The bad hair extensions rep comes from cheap, ratty ones.

To match the colour, go in store and have a shop assistant do it. Mine are excellent. I don't wear them for length, but thickness on special occasions, and they look fantastic.

pumapants Sun 09-Aug-15 16:08:04

Thanks scatter - where do you get your extensions from? I only really want a few inches added to my natural length - are they fairly easy to cut down, or would a hairdresser cut them in?

maxxytoe Sun 09-Aug-15 17:08:51

I have some bellami clip ins.
I took them to my hairdresser and he placed them and then cut them in , you can't tell they're extensions

scatterthenuns Sun 09-Aug-15 18:35:43

Hairdresser will definitely help you. I got my last lot from Paul's Hair World (staff are much more experience and competent than the name might suggest!) They'll have a variety of lengths, match to your hair and then if you take them to a salon and need them cutting, they'll help too. Make sure you get human hair in a texture similar to yours!

LastUnicorn Sun 09-Aug-15 20:30:24

I wear hair extensions every day, I use foxy locks. I think hair extensions have gotten A lot better and blend in much better

scatterthenuns Sun 09-Aug-15 20:33:13

Agree, hair extensions are quality these days.

My grandma hates extensions, because she's thinking of cheap, ugly things from years gone by. She is always telling me I don't need extensions, and that my hair is beautiful and thick. However, this particular complement has only EVER been said when I've got the extensions in!

pumapants Mon 10-Aug-15 07:22:31

I'm definitely thinking of the over-dyed things I used to glue into my hair as a teen!

I've been having a browse at these websites you've recommended and now I'm wondering whether to just go ahead and get semi-permanent ones? I have a feeling I won't want to take them out once I get some nice clip-in ones, and there's no chance I'm clipping them in every morning!

maxxytoe Mon 10-Aug-15 18:17:53

There's some good deals on groupon for microbond and weave extensions sometimes !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now