Talk

Advanced search

pink streaks for grey hair?

(11 Posts)
amarmai Sun 09-Aug-15 02:20:22

Bought Garnier Color Styler before i googled it. Now find that everyone says its 000. I went ahead and did the streaks which seem ok to me-never having done this before. Questions- can you recommend a better product and also suggest other colors?

amarmai Sun 09-Aug-15 02:21:43

forgot to say i am grey and mid seventies.

Runningupthathill82 Sun 09-Aug-15 06:26:33

My MIL is a similar age to you and v funky indeed. She uses the Bleach London pink shampoo which gives a light pink hue to her grey hair. Looks fab.

amarmai Sun 09-Aug-15 12:17:29

how does she dress ,Running? I need a makeover!

scatterthenuns Sun 09-Aug-15 12:18:58

I wouldn't do streaks, but a pink balayage could be gorgeous.

Runningupthathill82 Sun 09-Aug-15 12:26:17

Amarmsi - my MIL always looks great! Usually, she'll wear something like a loose fitting linen long-line top, close-fitting cropped tailored trousers, sandals and chunky jewellery.

Or a linen tunic-style dress to mid-calf length, with chunky boots and again,big statement jewellery like a wooden necklace or similar. Always lipstick.

amarmai Sun 09-Aug-15 14:36:49

scatters ,what is a baylage? If it looks gorgeous,i want to do that! Running , your mil is dressing more upscale than me-i'm in leggings and tshirt tunics. I like the the chunky boots -they would def go with my pink streaks !

scatterthenuns Sun 09-Aug-15 18:41:23

This is a pink balayage! A bit like an ombre, but painted by hand rather than dipped. Mine is balayaged - currently fades from dark brown to blonde, but I'll be having the ends ginger shortly!

amarmai Sun 09-Aug-15 23:39:50

Looks lovely,scatter. I'll need some help to do it that way as my hair is shortish. Wonder where the word comes from-french?

iwanttobeanonymous Sun 09-Aug-15 23:50:48

I'm partially grey......currently blue. I use the bleach london "colours" which last 2-10 washes. I just put it all over - obviously it takes differently on the grey to the dark bits. The green was pale and didn't last long but the blue is great!!

amarmai Mon 10-Aug-15 15:02:04

ok i am going to try the all over blue bleach London dye. My pink Garnier streaks are fading already but look ok. Thanks everybody!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now