Talk

Advanced search

Do you sport a forward helix?

(23 Posts)
GrimDamnFanjo Sat 08-Aug-15 20:59:59

I'm the owner of just one set of ear lobe piercings but I'm thinking of a forward helix in one ear.
Does anyone care to share their experiences?

Bluecheese22 Sat 08-Aug-15 21:02:52

I have 10 ear piercings but not a helix, so not much help! I do think it looks lovely though. Next on my list is tragus in one and rook in the other.

HarlettOScara Sat 08-Aug-15 21:22:57

I have a forward helix piercing. I've had it for going on for 20 years and I honestly have no recollection of getting it done at all so I'm afraid I'm not much help to you. I have a tragus piercing too and I remember it clearly even though it was even longer ago.

Dragonglass Sat 08-Aug-15 21:38:15

I don't have one, but have just googled and now want one. They look lovely.

dlwelly Sat 08-Aug-15 21:52:46

I have one and I love it! It's going to hurt a little more and have a longer healing time than your lobes but go for it! My tragus is my favourite one though!

GrimDamnFanjo Sat 08-Aug-15 23:31:33

Wow ! Thanks so much for the responses - i never wanted more than one in my lobes but I love the idea of another part of my ear now!

Bavmorda Sun 09-Aug-15 09:44:07

I mentioned it to my piercer and he said they take a long time to heal because they're at the most greasy past of the ear. That said my tragus took 16 months (I was determined - love it!)

I want a conch or a daith next.

MrsMummyPig Sun 09-Aug-15 10:56:41

I would love one but I'm a wimp and have just bought a clip on cuff instead blush

GaryBaldy Sun 09-Aug-15 11:03:37

I was born with one. Well it's a condition where the skin doesn't form properly at the top of the ear.

For the first time in my life I feel cool instead of frumpy.

SelfLoathing Sun 09-Aug-15 16:21:53

I didn't know what this was so googled. I found this which may be of use.

www.piercing-shops.net/forward-helix-piercings/

Mamabird3 Sun 09-Aug-15 16:54:04

I haven't got a forward helix, but I have got a daith piercing, I had it done at the end of December last year and it has only just healed up, and even then it still flares up. Cartilage piercings can be harder to heal up soft fleshy ones. I didn't find it too painful to get done, more intense pressure than sharp pain. Now my daith has healed in tempted to get another ear piercing... Good luck smile

Plonkysaurus Sun 09-Aug-15 19:04:08

Had to google image it - wow! I haven't wanted a new piercing in quite a while but that is seriously cool.

I had my rook pierced about 10 years ago. It actually healed really well, better than my conches or tragus piercings - presumably because it's tucked away. I think it took 3-4 months to feel normal. Given how this is far more exposed I'd easily double it.

The outside always looks healed a long time before any internal healing has happened.

tvlover1234 Sun 09-Aug-15 19:05:43

I want a forward helix. I have 3 normal helix done in a row. Love cute ear piercings

tvlover1234 Sun 09-Aug-15 19:07:49

My normal helix piercings were quite painful actually audio no wimp to pain! I had it done in April and it's still not healed and they go crusty and swell if I catc h them a little. Worth it.though cause it looks a we some!

pictish Sun 09-Aug-15 19:12:26

If it's going to be painful and pain in the arse to heal as research seems to suggest, why bother?

Ohbollocksandballs Sun 09-Aug-15 19:18:21

I have a daith and an industrial and they have both been pains in the arses, but manageable. Get it done! You can always take it out.

Plonkysaurus Sun 09-Aug-15 19:47:00

Because, pictish, pretty! grin

pictish Sun 09-Aug-15 20:06:43

mmm....

GingerLemonTea Sun 09-Aug-15 21:01:21

Can anyone post a pic? I have googled but am unsure if it's one or three piercings.

daftyburd Sun 09-Aug-15 21:02:03

I don't have one but I have had a cartilage piercing and tragus. Cartilage was a pain and I ended up taking it out. Tragus healed really quickly and never been a problem. I remember the piercer telling me Mick Hucknall had been found dead so nearly 20 years.with no infection or bumps. I would like a daith piercing now as I can imagine that would heal like my tragus.

GingerLemonTea Sun 09-Aug-15 21:06:09

Mick Hucknall dead? Am sure he's alive & well smile

RatHammock Sun 09-Aug-15 21:09:21

I think daftyburd might be thinking of Michael Hutchence!

daftyburd Sun 09-Aug-15 21:56:54

Hahaha I was thinking of Michael Hutchence. You can tell I was not a big fan of the music of either Simply Red or INXS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now