Talk

Advanced search

Avon - recommendations?

(11 Posts)
teawamutu Sat 08-Aug-15 16:28:57

A friend has started doing Avon and has given me one of her catalogues. I'd like to support her if I can (although not by buying stuff I won't use!) and I know it's prob changed a bit since I used to look through Mum's catalogue as a kid and plead for peelable nail varnish...

Is there anything you knowledgeable lot swear by?

KatharineClifton Sat 08-Aug-15 16:35:05

I quite like the Clinical Thermafirm face lifting cream, but only when it's on offer. If something is full price in this book it'll be on special offer in the next one in 3 weeks or the one after. Never buy anything full-price as it's only there to be reduced after.

The Care cocoa butter products are nice too.

StripeyTee Sat 08-Aug-15 16:48:39

The 'planet spa' luxuriously refining eye gel is nice.

They also do a nice minty foot scrub, cant recall name.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Sat 08-Aug-15 18:17:00

I used to buy the giant bottles of bubble bath for the children when it was on offer.

I used to like the magix face perfector stuff. It was before bb creams were about and did a similar thing. I also liked some of the mascara, before they succumbed to the 'all mascara must be black' fad.

I miss my Avon lady.

IJustLostTheGame Sat 08-Aug-15 20:41:28

Moroccan argan oil hair serum.
Great stuff

daftbesom Sat 08-Aug-15 21:02:53

Yy big bubble bath for DCs.
I like their tinted moisturiser and their primer (think it was "Anew")
Their roll-on deodorant On-Duty Invisible protection, no discernible fragrance but they also do load of fragranced ones (often on offer, I buy several bottles)
Some nail varnish thing that makes your nail varnish go matt (but haven't used it because I only paint my toes, and that's only when it's sandal weather sad)

Hoodedmoron Sat 08-Aug-15 21:07:05

I really like the black mineral cleanser/scrub stuff, really makes your skin feel squeaky clean. The eyeliners which you screw up and down are good too. Nail varnishes aren't bad either, but as a pp said get everything on half price!

squizita Sat 08-Aug-15 22:48:44

On the make up side ... anew tinted lip balm, mineral foundation, gel look nail polish, pretty much all their mid/high end range lipsticks and mascaras. Some of their eye shadows lack pigment but lips and nails ... great stuff.
From their more basic stuff - senses shower gels and hand washes are great value family staples if you use their offers.
Several of their perfumes are very wearable but try samples obviously!

squizita Sat 08-Aug-15 22:50:55

Oh yes abd their bog standard care (own brand Nivea type stuff) moisturisers are great. Cocoa butter is my fave.

LadyB49 Sun 09-Aug-15 02:23:28

Glimmersticks eye liner ...when on half price offer. The sapphire blue is awesome.

MrsMoggy Sun 09-Aug-15 09:20:44

Super shock mascara
Ideal cream to powder foundation
Ideal flawless liquid foundation

They also do nice branded sleepwear and handbags

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now