Talk

Advanced search

St Tropez in shower tanning lotion - anyone used?

(18 Posts)
Oldisthenewblack Sat 08-Aug-15 15:40:41

Has anyone used St Tropez in shower tanning lotion? I started using it yesterday, and having never used a tanning product before, am not sure what to expect! I'm examining myself in all lights today, trying to see a difference, but am not sure. I'll keep using it anyway as I realise it's a gradual build up of colour.

I find it really hard to believe it can work when you wash it off after only three minutes, and that after having applied to wet skin.

I was just curious if anyone else has used it (especially if you're ghost-white generally!) and if it worked, and if you liked the effect? I have a dread of the obvious fake tan effect, which is why I've never ventured into this area before.

Thank you for reading grin)

Dukketeater Sat 08-Aug-15 15:45:22

I didn't really notice a difference after 4 days use.

TheFutureMrsB Sat 08-Aug-15 15:46:36

I've been using it for the past two days and have seen no change I colour what so ever so I am coming to the conclusion that it is shit hmm I really wanted this work as it doesn't smell like fake tan at all and it makes my skin nice and soft.

ReggaeShark Sat 08-Aug-15 15:47:45

I saw some very bad reviews on the Boots website so didn't buy.

Oldisthenewblack Sat 08-Aug-15 15:50:53

Bloody hell, not surprised it was on offer then!! Oh well, I'll use it all and continue to thrust various body parts into sunlight now and again...

It seems so WRONG to wash it all off after three minutes - almost like a waste. I'll keep it on for five minutes later, just to get my money's worth....Was really concerned about the 'brown palm' effect, so was scrubbing like crazy after application. Palms are paler than they've ever been!!! sigh

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sat 08-Aug-15 16:05:31

I use it - it gives me a very light colour. But I am seriously pale blue normally, so it takes the edge of the Casper the ghost look I usually sport. I use it for 3/4 days at a time.

Maidupmum Sat 08-Aug-15 16:07:08

I think you have to leave it on longer than 3 minutes for it to have an impact.

Ifiwasabadger Sat 08-Aug-15 16:07:17

Yes and it is useless! I cannot see that I have changed colour at all.

MaryBerrysEyelashes Sat 08-Aug-15 16:08:32

GOD YES
a huge long thread last month or so

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sat 08-Aug-15 16:22:51

I use it and keep it on for 10 mins. it gives me a nice (albeit subtle) glow.

Oldisthenewblack Sat 08-Aug-15 16:23:08

Thanks, MaryBerry, have just found that thread!

Oldisthenewblack Sat 08-Aug-15 16:24:36

WhatWould - I'm a similar shade to you by the sounds of it, so guess even regular white would be a step up for me. A dark white ;o)

TheFutureMrsB Sat 08-Aug-15 16:26:34

I'm going back to Doves gradual tanning lotion but I will give this another try tonight and leave it on longer, gets a bit chilly standing there naked and soaking wet though confused grin

wrapsuperstar Sat 08-Aug-15 16:27:43

Not used it but I was tempted to after having great success with the normal gradual tanning lotion by St Tropez. Might give it a miss based on these comments though!

Dfg15 Sat 08-Aug-15 16:30:42

I've been using it on my legs and they've got a nice subtle colour but I do find it makes my skin dry

TheFutureMrsB Sat 08-Aug-15 16:46:45

I'm outside now so in natural light and can still definitely say its made no difference lol

StrawberrytallCake Sat 08-Aug-15 16:48:21

I miss that thread - I really like it but haven't had to use it for a couple of months. I only keep it on for a couple of minutes and it works for me but I am usually blue.

WhatWouldTheDoctorDo Sun 09-Aug-15 11:30:21

OP - yep, white is a step up for too grin. I still don't look properly tanned, but for me it's quite a natural look and the orangey fake tan and stained hands look I see other people sporting doesn't appeal to me at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now