Talk

Advanced search

My face is so oily, please help!

(9 Posts)
TheHoundsBitch Sat 08-Aug-15 10:34:53

How can I fix it? My face feels dry after I've washed it, but after a few hours I have a proper oil slick on my forehead. I've always had dry skin, this has started over the past few months. I don't use anything on my face apart from whatever moisturiser is to hand probably once or twice a week and babywipes to remove eye make up.

Kennington Sat 08-Aug-15 10:39:05

I bought la Roche posay Serozinc
It is basically saltwater though
I just use it during the hot weather
Very mattifying and a nice spray
Hope this helps

canalknit Sat 08-Aug-15 16:13:17

I also have oily skin, and absolutely the thing that has helped me the most is having a proper daily skincare routine. In the morning cleanse (I use shu uemura's Ultimate Cleansing oil), tone, facial oil (I know this sounds crazy but it's not!), serum and moisturiser. At night repeat all again minus the facial oil. Give it a go - you'll need to do it for a few weeks, but it should help

aspirenature Sat 08-Aug-15 16:36:44

Try the oil cleansing method, OCM. I had skin like you and two months in, my skin is more balanced. The OCM has been discussed on other threads.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Sat 08-Aug-15 18:19:52

I've got oily skin too and I've just invested in some oil and cloths to try OCM. I'm hoping for some nice results. I've gone with sweet almond as my carrier oil. For the oils, a set of travel bottles for decanting and cloths it's come in at under £10. I can cope with that.

TheHoundsBitch Mon 10-Aug-15 10:53:47

Thanks for the suggestions, I've been reading up on OCM- seems like a big faff sad so does a proper skincare routine though! argh. I'm so lazy with this sort of thing.

Judydreamsofhorses Mon 10-Aug-15 11:14:56

It sounds like your skin could actually be dehydrated - realising mine was after reading one of Sali Hughes's Guardian columns was a revelation. I treat my skin quite gently with products for sensitive skin, and use a facial oil at night. I think a faff is probably going to help if you can be bothered!

mowglik Mon 10-Aug-15 11:16:29

Agree OCM is one of the few things that reduce oil for me, and I have super oily skin! it's always oily! confused

Also try serozinc spray it is effective to begin with but the oil is back after an hour or so.

One other thing your skin may be dehydrated if it feels tight after washing and the oil may be your skin compensating for that? Try adding in a bit of light extra hydration and see if that helps

itsnothingoriginal Mon 10-Aug-15 15:40:58

I use La Roche Posay Effaclar Mat moisturiser and then blotting sheets if it gets oily later. I'm 40 now and my face is still really oily - no wrinkles on the the plus side smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now