Talk

Advanced search

Holiday packing list - capsule - hot weather - plus size

(7 Posts)
lifeisforliving49 Sat 08-Aug-15 09:54:29

Hello
I have got a hot holiday coming up in a month - exciting

Although do have some worries -I am awful at packing - and I now seem to have bought a number of items and don't really have any sense of a lot of matching going on. I generally end up taking too many things and am determined not to do this. Other issue is that I am bigger than I was last time I had a holiday like this, and although have lost some weight this year, I have still had to buy new (or newish) items for the holiday.

I have
swimwear
Baggy printed trousers x2
Tunic tops x2
Beach dress x1 (shapeless v.v.lightweight)
two white tops - linen/cotton

what do I need to make sure I have enough/right type of clothing. Mainly beach holiday - pool/beach but will be some visiting towns.

If anybody has a fabulous packing list for a capsule holiday wardrobe - please share

everythingsgoingsouth Sat 08-Aug-15 10:26:58

Hi, I've just come back from hols. I really packed light- 1 maxi dress, 1 knee length dress, 1 loose trousers ,2 pairs shorts , 3 short skirts, 2 strapless tops , 2 T shirts, 2 blousy-shirt tops, 1 little cropped cardi ,1 light jacket.

Then swimwear/underwear/sleepwear etc

footwear, I took flip flops, sandals, light weight trainers and beach shoes.

think you need more tops than bottoms, looking at your list, maybe vest tops/strappy tops could be handy? little cardi? Or a lovely pashmina that has a multitude of uses!

what will you wear on the bottom with the tunic tops?

Itscurtainsforyou Sat 08-Aug-15 14:58:01

I think you need to pick a colour palette of 2-3 colours and stick to that as much as possible.

How long are you going for? Will you have access to laundry? Will it be cooler in the evenings?

I would take 2 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of thin loose trousers, 1-2 dresses, 3-4 tops (sleeveless if you can just because it will be hot). A couple of tankinis or swimsuits, a sarong or pashmina, a cardigan, beach coverup and a waterproof if showers are likely.

That should cover you for most eventualities smile - also a pair of sandals and shoes you can walk in (converse) if you're likely to go sightseeing.
Have a great time!

NickiFury Sat 08-Aug-15 15:02:49

Maxi Dress
I pair cropped linen trousers
2 x shorts
3 x vest tops
Sun dress
Light cardigan.
Beach cover up
Sandals.

I can go away for a fortnight with the above list as long as I have washing facilities smile.

NickiFury Sat 08-Aug-15 15:03:41

Oh and board shorts and bikini top. I'm pretty active on Hols so need the board shorts.

spangledboots Sat 08-Aug-15 18:31:34

I just got back from 4 days away somewhere hot and only took hand luggage. I was planning on getting some shorts/skirts and tops to mix and match but in the end I took all dresses! I found it worked really well as I didn't have to be conscious of not wearing a certain top because I really wanted to wear it with a particular skirt etc.

Clothes:
Cream and navy stripe dress
Black maxi dress
Blue short dress
Blue kaftan style dress with dipped back
Red maxi dress
White dress x2 (one a swing style, one which went in at the waist)
Denim shirt
Black kimono

Other - swimming costume, pjs x2, underwear
Shoes - flip flops (for beach/pool), flat nude sandals, tan lace up sandals

I didn't do much - mostly hanging by the pool, going out for dinner, going shopping - but I found that everything I brought, I could have dressed up or down. And as they were all dresses, no issues with matching! I could have fitted another pair of shoes into my suitcase but decided to bring LOADS of lipsticks instead. Priorities!

lifeisforliving49 Sun 09-Aug-15 11:05:54

Thanks for suggestions.

My colour scheme seems to be blue/white with bit of purple and black thrown in.

I think I might go for all dresses - maybe keep the baggy printed trousers n too - and possibly a pair of cropped white pants - see what is happening here -I have a few strappy tops. I am overpacking already in my head blush

I like a bit of chunky jewellery so will stick a few pieces on the list. Have a v.lightweight hoody to travel in and a thin cardigan in case need it at night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now