Talk

Advanced search

Grubby white Converse shoes

(8 Posts)
BikeRunSki Fri 07-Aug-15 19:21:19

My white Converse shoes are my "go to" summer shoes, but they are getting rather grubby after a few years. I've washed them in the washing machine, but the canvas is still a bit grimey. Is there anything I can do to make them sparkly white again? I was wondering about soaking them in Vanish, but would this damage the insoles? I'm not sure if there is any glue in them.

Lagoonablue Fri 07-Aug-15 19:22:11

Magic eraser brings off scuff marks.

BikeRunSki Fri 07-Aug-15 19:24:11

It's not so much scuff marks as ground in dirt in the canvas.

ziggyziggy Fri 07-Aug-15 19:24:47

i did hear sunlight is good for removing stains, and whitening whites, you start with wet clothes (so would wash first) and leave them as long as poss in full sunlight, lemon juice can also help it along. Don't see why it wouldn't work for shoes as well? Might be worth doing it 2 - 3 times for max effect.

NoArmaniNoPunani Fri 07-Aug-15 19:26:03

I'm amazed you can get a few years out of converse. Mine are knackered after a year

TheWintersmith Fri 07-Aug-15 19:27:33

meninconversearecool.tumblr.com/post/20920125118

Embrace it?

<not helpful I know, but I have had a pleasant 10 minutes choosing the best picture>

BikeRunSki Fri 07-Aug-15 21:16:11

Armani I have 4 pairs of sneakers on the go though; blue suede FitFlops, Brown leather PF flyers, red Cons and white Cons. I tend only to wear the Cons in summer. I'm more of a DM girl in winter.

Jedi1 Fri 07-Aug-15 21:19:19

A few years?! Mine have holes in the soles after a year...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now