Talk

Advanced search

4 weeks to get fine feet!

(7 Posts)
cjt110 Fri 07-Aug-15 11:26:39

I wear sandals most days as as such the skin on my feet is a bit dry and callousy in places. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get them lovely and soft - I go away in 4 weeks.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 07-Aug-15 11:45:21

Dry file (ie before you have a bath/shower) with a broad emery type foot-file. I do this over the toilet to catch the dust.

Wash/shower/bathe so they are slightly damp and apply Flexitol type (urea cream- there are loads of brands. Aldi do one, Primark sell a Heel Balm in a stick, I think Palmers), shea butter like L'Occitane or even Vaseline.

Put socks on and leave overnight. (Take care in the shower in case your feet are still a bit greasy)

Skin takes 28 days to turn itself around so you should see a difference well before your holiday.

Do your cream daily and the file 2-3 times a week (too much can make the feet tender) and don't go OTT with the file <<ouch>>

cjt110 Fri 07-Aug-15 11:51:17

Thanks 70isaLimitNotaTarget OOOH ouch - That would hurt if you did it too much!

I have some palmers stretch mark cream at home from when I was pregnant, could I use that in the time being/instead?

newhairdontcare Fri 07-Aug-15 13:46:02

This stuff is amazing - the only product that softens my horrid feet (and I have tried a lot)

www.soapandglory.com/products/bath-body/hands-feet/heel-genius

cjt110 Fri 07-Aug-15 15:47:50

Oh I have some soap and glory stuff at home, I wonder if thats in with it?

newhairdontcare Fri 07-Aug-15 15:49:44

Possibly. It's only £5.50 though and the tube lasts quite a while. I bought mine from Boots.

newhairdontcare Fri 07-Aug-15 15:51:13

PS I slap it on overnight and have almost baby soft feet the next day. No filing or buffing needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now