Talk

Advanced search

Please help! Best white vest top needed

(20 Posts)
Lndnmummy Fri 07-Aug-15 10:01:37

Hi,
I usually buy mine from Sweden but now need to find a couple in the UK. I wear these under see through blouses and when out and about with ds.

I need them to be good quality and wash well, figure hugging and longer than average so they don't ride up (over the flabby tummy).

A bonus would be if they are not low cut.

Euphemia Fri 07-Aug-15 10:37:59

H&M.

LadyErrant Fri 07-Aug-15 10:49:18

Agree with H&M, I always go there for vest tops

Katie2001 Fri 07-Aug-15 10:51:43

Next do a really good longline vest top. Not too low, decent price, on offer at the moment.

fredandme123 Fri 07-Aug-15 10:54:29

Forever 21/ H&M / Next - one of them will have what you want

Itscurtainsforyou Fri 07-Aug-15 11:00:58

Matalan

pippistrelle Fri 07-Aug-15 11:09:23

Depends how long. I find H&M's a bit too long for me, although it should be said I'm not a tall person. I favour Primark - just the right length on me and several different styles to choose from (spaghetti straps, slightly wider straps, lace trimmed, ribbed) and so cheap that you don't feel at all guilty about replacing them as soon as they lose their pristine whiteness, as white t-shirts of any type always seem to.

shaktar Fri 07-Aug-15 13:59:37

Hush - not the cheapest, but the long line ones are great quality.

ChishandFips33 Fri 07-Aug-15 21:33:17

Matalan

Optimism Fri 07-Aug-15 22:44:44

I've got some great ones from Sainsbury's! £5 each and better quality and longer than H&M ones. I'm wearing them loads at the moment and they are washing really well.

mimiasovitch Sat 08-Aug-15 09:57:20

I'm saying matalan too. I have loads of their long line vests, which only come in a few basic colours, but have great elasticity, and look great after loads of washing. The h and m ones just weren't stretchy enough for me.

MsBojangles Sat 08-Aug-15 17:48:21

Agree with Hush, sale is now too I think.

I like the H&M long ones but only as a layer with skinnies. Too long to wear with skirts and too thin to wear alone.

Lndnmummy Sun 09-Aug-15 08:20:21

Thanks everyone, really appreciate it will check then all out today

PurpleWithRed Sun 09-Aug-15 08:23:45

Jigsaw have got some good quality ones with double thickness fronts so they are much smoother and less see through than most, but they're not strappy strap style. www.jigsaw-online.com/products/double-front-vest-top-8441

Carrie5608 Sun 09-Aug-15 09:54:58

The Tesco ones are brilliant, quite long and a bargain at £3. Wash and wear really well.

Lion12 Sun 09-Aug-15 09:58:29

I like primark vests, they are longer than most and as long as you get the ones that are the stretchy material they wash great. I wear mine under my uniform daily and they still have their shape over a year on.

This one looks good, although I haven't seen it irl. Their tops are usually good quality.

Doobigetta Sun 09-Aug-15 20:01:34

I got an Oasis one recently after looking for ages. They all seem to be so thin you can see straight through them. This one isn't, and looks nice quality, but I've only washed it a couple of times so can't comment on longevity.

OnGoldenPond Mon 10-Aug-15 01:20:54

I usually get these from Uniqlo. Several different styles and loads of colours, they fit nice and snugly with no bagging and not too low cut. Have had some of them over three years and still going strong. Pretty cheap, I think they were around £4 or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now