Talk

Advanced search

I'm going to wear this today. I think model is wearing it the wrong way round.

(60 Posts)
Dowser Fri 07-Aug-15 09:35:47

I bought this dress yesterday

www.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpuk/product/sale-offers-3422804/view-all-sale-4527816/dresses-203689/floral-bow-back-dress-4335748?bi=20&ps=20

I hope you can see the back in the photo. The dress is deep coral/ floral. It has a bow at the back but surprisingly it has a fake wrap over effect / v neck.

I've never seen that on the back of a dress before. It's stretch jersey and fits either way.

I'm proposing to wear bow to front. What do you think?

FauxFox Fri 07-Aug-15 09:39:12

I would wear bow to the back.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Fri 07-Aug-15 09:41:07

Bow to the back.

CherryBonBon Fri 07-Aug-15 09:41:42

Model is wearing it the correct way.

Bow to the back.

LaurieFairyCake Fri 07-Aug-15 09:42:15

I own this dress, bow to the back for me.

MythicalKings Fri 07-Aug-15 09:43:15

Bow to the back, definitely.

scribblegirl Fri 07-Aug-15 09:44:55

Yeah, I agree that the model is wearing it the right way around.

I wouldn't wear it the other way around in any event as I am large of nork and therefore stuff generally isn't cut for boobs at the back. If you like it the other way around though and it suits then go for it!

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Fri 07-Aug-15 09:45:15

Even If it didn't say bow back dress I'd immedutually think the bow goes on the back. You can tell by the cut. I feel it may look like your wearing it back to front if you wear it the other way round.
That's not a neckline cut.

Still where's the label would you have it rub on your front of your neck.

Vatersay Fri 07-Aug-15 09:49:12

Bow to the back.

Check where the darts for the bust are, I guarantee they'll be on the plain side.

Another way to check, the washing label generally is on the left seam.

AlisonBlunderland Fri 07-Aug-15 09:49:58

I think the clue what 's in the description, bow back dress, not bow front dress.
Also bow to front would show a lot of bra or boob

Dowser Fri 07-Aug-15 09:50:14

Label is on the edge of the v. If it was just a v with bow at top I would have said that it went to the back. It was the stitching down the v to bodice ( I'm talking as if this was the front which would normally follow the shape of the boobs) that made me feel it should be worn with bow to the front.

It's a very pretty dress. So comfortable to wear and it's only a size 12 . I'm normally a 14.

babyiwantabump Fri 07-Aug-15 09:50:59

Bow to the back - it even states this in the description!

burnishedsilver Fri 07-Aug-15 09:51:22

Bow to the back.

CherryBonBon Fri 07-Aug-15 09:52:26

Yeah DPs is one of the worst (or best depending on how you view it) shops for vanity sizing. I'm a 10-12 and an 8 there.

I agree that the wrap effect on the back is unusual but it's still 100% the back.

It would look very odd worn back to front.

RealHuman Fri 07-Aug-15 09:55:20

I think we need to see a picture.

MyBootsAreMuddy Fri 07-Aug-15 10:05:59

Bow at back. There is a seam running down middle of the back skirt bit that would look wrong if worn to the front as the actual front of the dress is seam free.
Also the cut of the V looks too low to wear to front as wouldn't it show off way too much boobage?

Dowser Fri 07-Aug-15 10:14:58

Can you not see the pic in the link RH.

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Fri 07-Aug-15 10:36:30

I think RealHuman means a photo of you wearing the dress back-to-front.

RealHuman Fri 07-Aug-15 10:40:03

Pizzas has it.

Because none of us knows how good/not good it looks backwards with the bow at the front so it's hard to advise. Maybe it looks fantastic.

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Fri 07-Aug-15 11:22:41

definitely bow to the back. I think it would look weird with the bow to the front.

Epilepsyhelp Fri 07-Aug-15 12:21:38

Definitely bow to the back!!

Do you genuinely think she's wearing it backwards even though it's called a bow back dress or do you just fancy wearing it backwards?

If it's the latter then you can wear it however you fancy, it's your dress, but it is very clearly intended to be worn as the model is wearing it.

It says 'Bow back dress' . It's the right way round.

It's also the wrong cut for the front. A sharp deep v. It comes to the bottom of her shoulder blades- how much cleavage do you think that's going to show? It will look daft and pretty awful imo

Rubbishfeminist Fri 07-Aug-15 13:45:06

envy I love that dress.

Jedi1 Fri 07-Aug-15 13:48:34

Bow to the back, it's called a bow back dress!

although if it looks ok at the front then go for it.

ToTheGups Fri 07-Aug-15 13:52:36

I love the dress but alas I am not size 6 (only size left). I can see your point with the funny seam but it is definitely the back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now