Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this dress too "mother of bride" for a wedding?

(20 Posts)
Hornydilemma Thu 06-Aug-15 23:52:38

I loved it, bought it & am now wobbling.
It's pinker than the photo (& bigger - I'm an 18-20, 5ft 4, 45 yo with shoulder length do hair. As I'm Celtic pale blue I'll be going the fake tan route)
If I style it with cream shoes & bag what do you reckon? Or should I go for a darker colour - pink? Mink? To take the MOB look off it?
And don't even talk to me about the grey leather one I bought at the same time (thank god for 70% off sale!)

Hornydilemma Thu 06-Aug-15 23:53:53

This is it

CurlsLDN Fri 07-Aug-15 07:58:41

Are you the mother of the bride?

Tizwailor Fri 07-Aug-15 08:10:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ToothpickCharlie Fri 07-Aug-15 08:11:45

That's a lovely dress - where is it from? Would be great for any wedding guest. Cream or mink accessories sound ideal.

YouMakeMyDreams Fri 07-Aug-15 08:16:10

Not at all think it's lovely. It's a perfect dress for a wedding.

Patapouf Fri 07-Aug-15 08:58:56

It is lovely, but I would say it's almost too bridal rather than MOB!

Hornydilemma Fri 07-Aug-15 09:07:30

Am not MOB - bride is my age! It is lovely (& a good bit darker than the photo so not too bride) but I reckon a lot of the guests will be V fashionable and even a bit edgy so I have a black & white one on order online too, will try get a photo of that too

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Fri 07-Aug-15 09:11:13

If the OP is 45 and the bride is significantly younger I doubt there is any risk of anyone thinking the dress looks bridal. If I've done the Google image search rightly, it's from Monsoon and also available in navy or peacock blue, both of which I prefer, but of course you might not! And they might be sold out in your size. It's a lovely dress and at the sale price a very good buy!

Dowser Fri 07-Aug-15 09:28:04

It's lovely. Very pretty.

desperatehousewife2 Fri 07-Aug-15 10:43:10

Gorgeous dress!

desperatehousewife2 Fri 07-Aug-15 10:43:45

Oh and definitely not MOB!

Hooleywhipper Fri 07-Aug-15 10:45:53

I am same age and I would wear it.

SacredHeart Fri 07-Aug-15 10:51:12

Looks a bit casual bride / bridesmaid for a wedding to me. I guess it depends on if you know what the bride and bridesmaids are wearing. If she's in a gown go for it, but if she is going simple you may get a few raised eyebrows.

I personally avoid and cream, pink, white, powder blue, silver, light grey tones for weddings as there's ways one guest who looks too close to the bridal party.

shushpenfold Fri 07-Aug-15 10:53:25

It's lovely but I would not team it with cream shoes (def bridal) I would go for a bright pink or such...an accent colour with a matching bag if possible. Essentially I would steer clear of anything else in a pastel.

MamaLazarou Fri 07-Aug-15 18:00:09

It's beautiful but too bridal. I would be vex if someone wore that to my wedding.

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Fri 07-Aug-15 18:13:46

I think we just had this conversation on another thread, Mama! I don't think it is particularly bridal at all and anyway OP will know if her friend would mind about that. It's 33 years since my wedding and the only outfit I can recall at all is my own.

mixedpeel Fri 07-Aug-15 19:21:07

not quite what you asked, but as it's quite a delicate pink, I think you'd look great sans fake tan. Really. Go with the Celtic blue skin. Lovely moisturising shimmer of some sort on your pins, and you'll look gorgeous imo.

mixedpeel Fri 07-Aug-15 19:23:58

Ouch, I intended the italics as emphasis, but it ended up looking poncy with the French word, which I don't even know why I used anyway.

So, without fake tan! was what I'm trying to say blush

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Fri 07-Aug-15 19:25:35

I agree, mixedpeel! I'm mostly milk white and have never succumbed to the lure of going orange. Being pale and interesting has its own appeal, I really do believe! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now