Talk

Advanced search

Longchamps le pliage bag

(34 Posts)
RavioliOnToast Thu 06-Aug-15 22:01:58

anyone got one? I'm looking at the medium short handled bag, would anyone recommend one?

Stingingthistle Thu 06-Aug-15 22:07:23

I've got one and had various. They are good for the sheer amount of stuff you can carry but mine always seem to wear out at the corners. If you can get with reinforced corners (I think some have leather) it's probably worth it.

EldonAve Thu 06-Aug-15 22:12:30

I have a couple, they are useful but I find the lack of sections means it doesn't work as a day to day bag for me
I have the long strap ones so they can go on a shoulder

I also wear out the corners from overloading

RavioliOnToast Thu 06-Aug-15 22:23:39

mine would be used most days, would contain. phone, purse, kindle, makeup bag, first aid bag, and that's it. so not loads for me.

do you know where I can look at the ones with reinforced corners ? grin

artylady14 Thu 06-Aug-15 23:03:22

I have a medium shoulder bag. I have used it everyday for a few years now. It's got dirty and small holes in the corners but I love it and am going to treat myself to a new one soon. They are very lightweight bags and I find all other bags too heavy now!

Stokey Fri 07-Aug-15 06:39:00

They'll mend the corners for you as it's a known fault but it does take about 6 weeks. I think the neo ones are stronger material but have matching straps rather than leather. I have the big one which I love.

China1960 Fri 07-Aug-15 06:49:16

Stokey, to get the corners mended do I just go to any Longchamps shop & how much do they charge please?

Paperblank Fri 07-Aug-15 07:37:18

I wouldn't be without mine now. I use mine daily. Best bag I've ever bought.

pinkfrocks Fri 07-Aug-15 07:47:39

I use mine quite a lot but mainly for long car journeys where I want to cram everything into a bag, or for day trips when i want a light bag that won't break my shoulder. it's also good when it's wet outside and leather might mark. Downside is no dividers inside so forever scrabbling around for purse, phone etc.
I have the shoulder bag type but am going to buy the short handles over your arm sort, i think, as shoulder bags now make my back ache.

MilkThistle187 Fri 07-Aug-15 08:03:16

I don't like the Pliage as I hate the colour of the leather used for the handles. I have a Planette which has the handles which match the bag. It's very useful and no wear on the corners yet

Patapouf Fri 07-Aug-15 08:57:39

I have a few, they're great. Oldest one is about 5years and has had a lot of use, no sign of wear in the corners at all. Short handles are a pain in the bum though!!

I second a PPs suggestion for a planete. They are very durable, and a more practical handbag for rigidity.

uggmum Fri 07-Aug-15 09:06:08

I have one in navy.
I bought my dd a dark grey one (larger one) with long handles last week for school. I also bought a pouch to go with it so she can put her phone and purse in it and be able to find it in her bag.
I bought it in Paris and it only cost £56 as the Euro rate is fab.
I treated myself to a leather across the body bag and a large pilage hold-all.

PeppermintInfusion Fri 07-Aug-15 10:08:40

I use a handbag organiser in mine, to create pockets etc. you can get fancy ones or simple fabric ones off eBay. They're useful if you use biggish bags and switch them about regularly too.

gillnev Wed 12-Aug-15 18:17:30

The best thing is (and something not widely publicised) is that when you get holes in the corners provided they are not so large a biro pen can pass through- Longchamp will repair it for free. Works in France at least never tried in UK. I really think Longchamp bags are the best.

AuditAngel Wed 12-Aug-15 18:20:02

I was given one by a relative, but unfortunately the coating inside is breaking up.

Dollydewdrop21 Wed 12-Aug-15 18:40:04

I love mine as a work/commuting bag. I would suggest getting long handkes though to sling over your shoulder if you need your hands free.

umiaisha Wed 12-Aug-15 22:23:06

I use mine as a baby changing bag. Better than of the other 'purpose built' ones I have ever bought. Put it in the washing machine on a 30 degree wash when its looking grubby and it comes up like new!

Mandelinka Wed 12-Aug-15 22:43:06

The same here, used mine as a baby bag and beach bag. I have 3 with long handles, one with short handles with flap closure on top, large carry on travel bag, trolley for check in, coin purse and make up bag. I absolutely adore my Longchamps, I've washed the totes numerous times and they come out clean and fresh smelling (the leather handles gin a bit soft but I don't mind). One of the older totes is getting holes in the corners so thank you for the tip regarding having them fixed, will pop into my local boutique and will investigate how to have the holes fixed ��

Mandelinka Wed 12-Aug-15 22:44:12

Gone, not gin grin

Littlepig8834 Thu 13-Aug-15 03:48:43

I have the large travel bag and think it's ace! I used it as my hospital bag when I gave birth as it fitted in all I needed for me and the baby. Plus I love the way they fold down for easy storage!

BringMeTea Thu 13-Aug-15 04:33:48

Oh a timely thread! I bought my 4th yesterday at Heathrow! Got the longhandled medium size in gunmetal grey. Love them. Mainly use as shopper or beach bag. Should get a handbag divider thingy really. The zip has gone on one, not the zip itself, the bit where it joins the actual bag fabric, in several spots. Might see if local seamstress can come up with a solution. Never had this problem before.

Paperblank Thu 13-Aug-15 06:37:49

I was chatting to a friend yesterday and mentioned to her that I was thinking of getting a new one as a change bag. I find them so practical. Thanks for the tip about washing them - I'll give that a go!

legohurtswhenyoustandonit Thu 13-Aug-15 07:21:22

Another empty - a bottle of shampoo.

legohurtswhenyoustandonit Thu 13-Aug-15 07:23:09

Oops sorry. Wrong thread blush

Annarose2014 Thu 13-Aug-15 08:16:59

I have a long-handled medium one for years and its such a workhorse. Light as a feather and waterproof and no babying required, I fling and squash it everwhere! The medium is plenty big enough for everyday, the Large would be more for travelling or for carrying laptops or large things like that.

Downside are the lack of interior compartments definately. You have to scrabble around to find anything. But I still use the hell out of it. No issues with the corners either, actually.

I also have the tote version which is crossbody. I use that for holidays as its so light, fits a ton even towels, and you have your hands free. Its also great for shopping and has an umbrella pocket at the side.

I wouldn't get the short handled version unless you're a commited to carrying things in the crook of your elbow. The long handles are handier for flinging up on your shoulder.

I want to get a third but can't justify it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now