Talk

Advanced search

Footner Fool

(14 Posts)
rookiemere Thu 06-Aug-15 19:27:09

Hi,
Apologies if this is in a thread elsewhere, I've had a quick look. I did Footner a few days ago and now all the skin has started to peel off, except not evenly. My feet look worse than before, dry, scaley and peeling which is not a good look.

Should I scrub the whole lot with my foot cheese grater, or just leave it and hope for the best?

Thanks for any advice. I'm going out later so apologies if I don't respond tonight.

SweetAndFullOfGrace Thu 06-Aug-15 19:30:04

It does look quite horrendous for a few days while it's peeling off. Do Not Pick it, you might get an infection. Soaking helps to speed it up a bit I found.

rookiemere Thu 06-Aug-15 19:38:54

Thanks - i'll try soaking tomorrow - so glad I didn't do this a couple of days before I went on holiday like I planned to!

ConceptOfABiscuit Thu 06-Aug-15 20:03:22

Ooh, I'm currently sat with footner on now! Bit scared of it peeling!

MamaLazarou Thu 06-Aug-15 20:18:01

It does look and feel awful when it's peeling. Not nice!

WeldMeDaphne Thu 06-Aug-15 23:06:52

Ah god- I just started another thread on this. Mine currently look well manky but you can see (well, I can see- no one else wants to look at my minging feet) the lovely new skin emerging.

rookiemere Fri 07-Aug-15 08:51:08

Had a bath this morning to help the process. I can see the skin coming off at the top, but my heels - which is the bit that I really wanted some improvement on, look absolutely gross. I really hope this ends out well.

IsItMeOrIsItHotInHere Fri 07-Aug-15 09:01:30

I have just bought one of these but haven't used it yet. I am a bit scared and thought perhaps I should wait until I can hide my feet in covered shoes rather than summer sandals! I don't need the skin on the top of my foot to peel off (surely no-one does confused ) so I am a bit concerned that if its strong enough to do the job on your heels it's too strong and will burn the top of the foot and pads of my toes?

Buttwing Fri 07-Aug-15 09:03:35

Rookie seriously don't panic I've used footner a few times and it looks awful- uneven peeling, chunks still left on etc..
But it works really well in the end, as others have said soak your feet every night and try not to pick even though I did

LemonEmmaP Fri 07-Aug-15 09:05:38

If you cover the top of your foot with Vaseline before putting on the Footner then it helps prevent the skin from peeling there. I found that it took a lot longer for the really grim bits to peel (heels in particular) so you do just need to be patient. By the tenth day, the peeling had stopped.

IsItMeOrIsItHotInHere Fri 07-Aug-15 09:08:39

Is it uncomfortable walking on half peeled bits of tough heel skin? (Wonders whether should just lie down for ten days with a good book and some wine) grin

IsItMeOrIsItHotInHere Fri 07-Aug-15 09:09:44

Hmm reminds me of why I haven't yet had liposuction in my arse. Not sure how you are supposed to sit on it afterwards. shock

rookiemere Fri 07-Aug-15 09:10:38

I can't claim it's sore isitme - just a bit embarassing having to apologise for leaving trails of skin everywhere I go. Reminds me of the 70s when I got to peel off sunburn from my back ( my mum was a doctor but this was apparently before sunscreen was invented).

Buttwing - I live in hope !

IsItMeOrIsItHotInHere Fri 07-Aug-15 09:16:53

Thanks Rookie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now