Talk

Advanced search

What rollers if any - to give hair a lift?

(11 Posts)
MintJulip Thu 06-Aug-15 18:42:18

My hair is quite thick and heavy and sits very flat, I really like the look when its less flat, can I buy any easy to use rollers and if so which ones, to give my hair that lift but rather than the curl which not fussed about?

burnishedsilver Thu 06-Aug-15 23:26:47

I find that john Freida root lift blow dry spray used with the babyliss big hair is good for root volume.

sonata1 Thu 06-Aug-15 23:44:04

Dry your hair almost dry then use volumising spray and a Babyliss hot brush. Go over with GHD's to smooth then velcro rollers. Use the pink velcro rollers that don't need pins. I think they are called sleep in rollers but there's no way anyone could sleep in them.B&M used to do a pink tote bag with lots of these rollers inside.

MintJulip Fri 07-Aug-15 15:09:23

thanks but what are GDS please, am virgin.

sorry to be stupid but i also guess this means blow drying my hair? i have not used hair dryer in years!

sonata1 Fri 07-Aug-15 15:27:23

You really need a hairdryer and products to smooth the lengths and to give volume if your hair is thick and flat. A Babyliss Big Hair rotating brush will do this if you don't want to use a conventional hair dryer but your hair needs to be somewhat dry beforehand. GHD's are Holy Grail straighteners.Velcro rollers are last.

hellsbellsmelons Fri 07-Aug-15 15:34:30

GHDs USED to be holy grail straighteners but certainly aren't anymore.
If you already have quite straight hair then you don't need GHDs.
I have thick curly hair and find Remingtons far better than GHDs.
Something like THESE will be fine.
I recently got THIS SET and they are good.
THESE are the best I've had.
Another thread highly recommends THESE
GHDs are way over priced now as they are made in China and nowhere near as good as they used to be.
If you want really good ones and want to spend money then Cloud 9 are the way to go.

burnishedsilver Fri 07-Aug-15 15:54:18

You're never going to get any kind of lift without a hairdryer.

MintJulip Sat 08-Aug-15 15:42:01

Thank you so much for replies I really really appreciate it, I have been letting myslef slide for year and now suddenly going grey - need to maintain myself , getting fat and on fight back.

thank you so much, I can certainly re aquaint myself with a hair dryer occasionally too for the lift!

thanks flowers

ProjectPerfect Sat 08-Aug-15 16:08:27

I use Remington hot rollers. They add loads of volume (rather than curl) to my mid length hair.

I wash, add heat defense spray, blast with hairdryer and then put rollers in for twenty mins. It's fairly fool-proof and I end up with proper bouncy hair.

Sazzle41 Sat 08-Aug-15 16:35:36

What Project said. I have the flattest hair ever, one set of hot rollers and some john frieda styling spray later. i look like i have shiny, natural looking volume with soft curls

howtorebuild Sat 08-Aug-15 16:47:11

Good old fashioned setting lotion when your hair is damp, a big round brush and big heated rollers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now