Talk

Advanced search

I need a blazer

(11 Posts)
knackeredknitter Thu 06-Aug-15 11:15:40

I have been looking on-line, and the am tempted by this charcoal wool one in Mint Velvet www.mintvelvet.co.uk/charcoal-flannel-blazer-12/mint-v/fcp-product/5690. There is another one that has to be pre-ordered at J Crewe, but its slightly out of my budget.
But I'm dithering. I have seen the Boden ones, but they're not quite right, in fit or colour. I quite like their tweed ones, but they seem a little too short to look right on me (plus expose too much arse)
I would love some opinions on the Mint Velvet one. I need it to go with my usual uniform of skinny jeans/denim skirt and tights/knitted dress. And hopefully not look too bad with converse/dms/ankle boots/loafers
Please tell me whether I should buy it
I am indecisive and weak...

HolgerDanske Thu 06-Aug-15 11:17:06

They do free returns. You could always order it and see...

I like Mint Velvet, have loads of their stuff and I'm also partial to a good, relaxed blazer. I like this one.

knackeredknitter Thu 06-Aug-15 11:18:45

Oooh, thank you, free returns sound good

knackeredknitter Thu 06-Aug-15 12:03:45

Bought it, now feel guilty

HolgerDanske Thu 06-Aug-15 12:11:52

But why?

knackeredknitter Thu 06-Aug-15 12:14:06

I always do, and then I put things in my wardrobe and start wearing them after a few weeks. I was in an abusive marriage and still dealing with it, got out over a year ago

JeanSeberg Thu 06-Aug-15 12:16:21

It looks lovely knackered. I hope you enjoying wearing it.

Well done for getting out of your marriage. flowers

HolgerDanske Thu 06-Aug-15 12:18:04

It's a lovely blazer, don't feel guilty. Practise allowing yourself the pleasure of feeling happy.

flowers

burnishedsilver Thu 06-Aug-15 13:11:35

The whole look sounds good.

nothruroad Thu 06-Aug-15 13:30:57

That's lovely - enjoy it and try not to feel guilty. I'm sure you deserve a treat.

Lottapianos Thu 06-Aug-15 13:43:47

Wow, that is just fab. I'm sorely tempted to get myself one!

I spent nearly �200 on two blazers in John Lewis (Joules and Whistles) in the Spring and had an attack of the guilts as well. But you know what - they are well made, look great, good quality and I will wear the hell out of them both. So it's justified. Chucking money away on a pair of heels you can't walk in, or a dress you may never wear, is madness. This is just sound investment smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now