Talk

Advanced search

Wedding ring to fit marquis cut engagement ring

(10 Posts)
Turquoisetamborine Thu 06-Aug-15 02:50:31

I have to accept that my gorgeous handmade wedding ring is now gone forever. It's driving me mad not having a wedding ring so I need to replace it.
Has anyone seen any off the shelf rings that would fit a marquis cut diamond ring? I'm drawing a blank online and handmade is very expensive.

CorrigansDoorKnob Thu 06-Aug-15 08:02:24

I've got a marquis cut diamond engagement ring. I have a simple wedding band off the shelf that I got at a local jeweller - so I'm sure it would be possible to find one. My wedding band has a twist at the front so that the two rings sit together really well. Maybe have a look locally or talk to a jeweller about it - they could be able to order one for you?

Gutted about your original ring though sad

Dukketeater Thu 06-Aug-15 08:23:30

I have a shaped engagement ring and both my wedding and eternity band are off the shelf shaped rings. I had to go to every jewellers around to find ones that were perfect fits but I did!

SweetAndFullOfGrace Thu 06-Aug-15 08:26:46

It may be possible for a jeweller to adjust an off the shelf ring that nearly fits? Cheaper than fully handmade anyway.

Turquoisetamborine Fri 07-Aug-15 20:05:11

I'll go in and speak to a jeweller, thanks everyone. Maybe a flat ring would sit under it too?

MrsAukerman Fri 07-Aug-15 20:10:30

I went to a small independent jeweller and he had all different shapes that he could do in any metal. He did mine in white gold (can't remember if 9ct or 18) for under £200.

Northernlurker Fri 07-Aug-15 20:24:12

My engagement ring is a diamond shape with wee diamonds in it and my wedding ring is a bit like this Mine is not as posh as that one - cost about £40 as I recall from a high street jewellers. But it's lasted nearly 18 years (as has the marriage)

sleepyhead Fri 07-Aug-15 20:27:38

I think the shape you're looking for is called wishbone.

ZenNudist Fri 07-Aug-15 20:47:23

What's your budget OP? Mine was handmade platinum with small diamonds and not so expensive from the jewellery quarter in Birmingham.

Where do you live?

Turquoisetamborine Fri 07-Aug-15 22:35:46

My original one was handmade 12 years ago in platinum studded with nine diamonds and cost £1500. Obviously the price has rocketed since then.
I'm in the North East. My budget is around £1k as sadly the insurance doesn't cover it as I didn't name it on the policy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now