Talk

Advanced search

Need an easy up do for almost bra-strap length hair

(10 Posts)
vanillagorilla Wed 05-Aug-15 21:59:31

I have a party in a weeks time, and I'm wearing a dress which has a lot of embellishment around the neckline so it would look much better with my hair up. My hair is thick and very wavy, easy to curl. I would normally get it put up up by a hairdresser but cant
seem to find anybody who charges less than £30. �� I would love to do a twisted plait thing but I know I can't. Does anybody have any ideas of what I could do? I have a hair donut which if. I have used in the past but would like something different?

Or should I just pay the damn salon?

SweetAndFullOfGrace Wed 05-Aug-15 22:12:52

My hair is similar. To get it looking nice pre-up-do I tie it back while it's drying. And then do something like this to get bouncy curls. Then a messy up do with pins is quite easy, because the front is smooth and it's already in nice curls to pin up.

DiscoDancer Wed 05-Aug-15 23:39:50

Also interested marking place

DiscoDancer Thu 06-Aug-15 20:54:38

Bumping, anyone got an easy do that holds even thick hair?

SweetAndFullOfGrace Thu 06-Aug-15 23:20:52

A French comb is easy - like this. Or a stick barrette. I have some lovely ones including one silver one and they make up dos very very easy.

Iatemyskinnyperson Sat 08-Aug-15 23:02:42

Google 'The Small Things' blog. Tons of tutorials of this very thing.

squizita Sun 09-Aug-15 19:11:30

Faux french plait? You use a 'topsy tail' ponytail thing and small subtle ponytail rings.
Do a half pony and topsy tail it.
Then do another half pony further down, topsy tail it.
Repeat to the nape of your neck then braid, straighten or roll/tuck the ponytail.

Gives a french/fishtail look with little skill needed.

Pinterest and youtube have diagrams and videos.

afreshstartplease Sun 09-Aug-15 19:13:34

Ooo I might try the topsy tail thing

Can't for the life of me manage a French plait

squizita Sun 09-Aug-15 19:13:55

Also "Loepsie" and "lilith moon" are 2 great youtube channels for home up dos.
Saved me (a dedicated sock bunner) even needing a dresser for my wedding! I did an ornate braided chopstick type bun ... slightly Lord of tge rings ... would never have thought I could do it!

coffeetofunction Sun 09-Aug-15 19:18:02

get a back combing comb, dry shampoo, desent curbby grips & strong hair spray!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now