Talk

Advanced search

Best mascara ideas. please?

(25 Posts)
Minimammoth Wed 05-Aug-15 20:44:56

Don't want a waterproof one, just one that gives good length, and doesn't go into stiff clumps after 2 weeks.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 05-Aug-15 23:46:05

I like No 7 intensive volume or Wilkos extreme in the black and purple tube which is amazingly good.

OneLittleLady Wed 05-Aug-15 23:47:55

rimmel ScandelEyes are decent and lancome doll eyes is also very good at two wildly different price points for you

Branleuse Wed 05-Aug-15 23:50:47

2000 calorie

Fabellini Wed 05-Aug-15 23:55:08

I'm a big fan of Chanels' "le Volume". Does exactly what you're looking for...in my opinion. Been using it for ages, and have recently started using Dior lash primer under it for nights out. Been asked several times now if I'm wearing false lashes - such is the length!

suze28 Wed 05-Aug-15 23:55:10

Lancome Definicils or Clinique High Lengths are my HG, absolute favourite mascaras but it depends how much you want to spend.

plonkie Wed 05-Aug-15 23:55:34

I second branleuse! Max factor 2000 calorie!

Minimammoth Thu 06-Aug-15 14:54:15

Thank you all. I will look at my budget and give one of those a try. I have tried a Clinique one but find it sort of breaks off my lashes. ( probably me rubbing them)

Nabootique Thu 06-Aug-15 14:59:12

I've just discovered Miss Sporty Lash Millionaire false lash effect Mascara and already recommended it loads of times. It's comparable to the various fantastic Max Factor ones I've used and it's about £4. I don't think I'll be going back now.

Nabootique Thu 06-Aug-15 14:59:53

this one. There's another one with a similar name, I think.

SewButtons Thu 06-Aug-15 15:02:53

I like benefit's they're real mascara, find it doesn't go flaky at all. Also, even though it's not waterproof I find it does stand up to a fair amount of watery hangover eye rubbing.

SewButtons Thu 06-Aug-15 15:03:28

That was meant to be hayfever. I am rarely bothered about my mascara when hungover

MsBojangles Thu 06-Aug-15 15:55:01

Eyeko Skinny is great for length, once it's on it doesn't budge, even on the bottom.

Mimigolightly Thu 06-Aug-15 16:00:39

BareMineral's Lash Domination is fantastic - doesn't smudge or go clumpy.

Havingkittens Thu 06-Aug-15 16:03:03

Lancome's new Grandiose mascara is amazing!

Minimammoth Thu 06-Aug-15 17:47:13

Ooo so much choice. Some of the more unusual brands I probably won't come by unless I shop online. I am a bit rural. sewbuttons I have watery hay fever eye rubbing, just big pandas plodded if hungover[ wink]

Minimammoth Thu 06-Aug-15 17:48:08

Pandas plodded hmm that's Panda splodges.

Kennington Thu 06-Aug-15 22:21:07

No7 gold tube
Never moves
Natural but can be built up

RavioliOnToast Thu 06-Aug-15 23:01:22

gosh with the black tube and shiny green lid, I often get asked if I'm wearing falsies when it's on grin

RavioliOnToast Thu 06-Aug-15 23:02:17

gosh wonder volume. and it's only £7.50

Ilovetorrentialrain Thu 06-Aug-15 23:06:28

Hi I can strongly recommend Rimmel Extra Super Lash. It's cheap and really good! On occasion I've tried others to see what's out there but always go back.

Botanicbaby Thu 06-Aug-15 23:59:13

deffo agree with PP - 2000 calorie is the one! it is the perfect mascara. I keep thinking its so good, they're bound to change it and wonder if i should stockpile...argh.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Fri 07-Aug-15 00:16:48

I used to use Lancôme flextencil but they discontinued it. I have naturally long dark lashes, I like something to give them a little curve to lift and fan. Still looking sad

Havingkittens Fri 07-Aug-15 11:16:43

The Grandiose will do that. It has a kind of "swan neck" brush so it pushes the lashes upwards when you apply it.

My low budget recommendation is Maybelline Colossal.

If you find your mascara clumps up, this is often due to the fact that you are exposing the brush, and residue product on it to the air every day so the residue will inevitably dry out affecting your application. If you give it a rinse under warm water and gently dry (with something that doesn't shed fluff, like tissue) that should help quite a lot.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Fri 07-Aug-15 19:02:18

Thanks HavingKittens I'll have a look at the Grandiose. I rarely buy makeup as I'm butt fugly and haven't ever been taught to apply the stuff, but I do love mascara grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now