Talk

Advanced search

Daily SPF for face

(38 Posts)
FRUITYPIE77 Wed 05-Aug-15 17:41:04

I'm 31 and have recently discovered a freckle age spot on my forehead and have decided it's about time I start using a proper SPF every day.

My foundation has SPF 15 within it but I'm aware I don't use enough of it to actually get much protection from it.

I was thinking of trying Boots soltan sensitive face cream as my skin is on the sensitive side, has anyone tried it? Any other recommendations? Cheap would be preferable!

rightsaidthread Wed 05-Aug-15 17:44:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cheesymonster Wed 05-Aug-15 17:47:34

I bought a Neutrogena one from Amazon "dry touch" spf30 but I haven't used it yet as it only came today!

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Wed 05-Aug-15 17:49:46

I use La Roche Posay SPF50. I accidentally bought the tinted one and was a bit hmm at first but now I'm a convert and bought another in France for when this one runs out, as they're a snip in comparison over there. I love it!

pinkfrocks Wed 05-Aug-15 17:49:55

I think the one you mention is really for using when sunbathing or similar. You need one that you can wear all year round under make up.

Clinique City Block is good, or look at No 7 Dark Spot preventor,

Callycatsy Wed 05-Aug-15 17:59:56

Heliocare spf50 from Amazon.

ememem84 Wed 05-Aug-15 18:01:27

I use clarins spf 50 uv plus.

DCITennison Wed 05-Aug-15 18:04:19

Heliocare spf50. Wish I'd tried it years ago instead of faffing with countless other brands which all put me off bothering with SPF at all - sticky, chalky, bobbly nightmares!

EarSlaps Wed 05-Aug-15 18:45:05

I ordered some Bioré Aqua factor 50 from eBay. It's a Japanese brand and was shipped from Japan. It's amazing! Not at all greasy, just like a gel and sinks right in.

lurkingaround Wed 05-Aug-15 19:10:26

I like La Roche Posay spf50 for combination skin. But last week I got this one. Pricey, but I absolutely love it. Goes on like a primer, so, great for under make up, and it looks really good on its own with no makeup. It's a physical block, so lasts all day (unless you rub it off) and no chance of stingy eyes. Love it.

TribbleNamedDave Wed 05-Aug-15 19:45:57

Keilhs do an SPF50 one which I've used for he past year. I like it.

Havingkittens Wed 05-Aug-15 21:30:40

I really like this one www.kiehls.co.uk/skin-care/by-category/moisturisers/ultra-light-daily-defense-spf-50?gclid=CjwKEAjw6IauBRCJ3KPXkNro1BoSJAAhXxpysIabhjGbnU9VpvzLOg4vIPVJMkvT8qHAgBmwRlTI4RoC5xrw_wcB

It's not greasy, has a beautiful glow to it without leaving a violet cast and is really nice under make up. Pricey though!

FRUITYPIE77 Wed 05-Aug-15 22:00:02

Thanks, lots to think about! My mum goes to France soon so I may ask her to pick me up the La roche posay

Bellebelle Wed 05-Aug-15 22:03:58

The Kiehls one is great.

FRUITYPIE77 Wed 05-Aug-15 22:41:54

Hmmm I loved the kiehls hand cream I has a while back. And I also like the sound of the biore one with it being like a gel...decisions

MotherBluestocking Wed 05-Aug-15 22:52:15

Another vote for the Kiehl's one.

CleopatraCominAtcha Wed 05-Aug-15 22:53:01

The Biore one is brilliant, unlike anything to be found here, lovely and velvety. It is quite boozy though, so probably not for dry skin.

WhereAreMyDragons Wed 05-Aug-15 23:32:53

Not very cheap, but very effective is the ultrasun face 30 or 50. You can get anti ageing or tinted varieties too.

CountyDownGirl Thu 06-Aug-15 09:20:19

A Japanese one recommended on here - streets better than anything else I've ever tried, even the Biore aqua. It's called Hada Labo, available on amazon or ebay. Even my husband will wear it as it's literally invisible on. Better than LRP in my opinion.

FRUITYPIE77 Thu 06-Aug-15 09:39:00

I'd be worried about buying a fake product off amazon or ebay, are there any recommended shops/sellers on either sites that are reliable?

CountyDownGirl Thu 06-Aug-15 10:01:23

I think Amazon are pretty reliable, and ebay if you look at their ratings. I would definitely complain pretty sharpish to Amazon if I thought they were facilitating fakes. I've never had a problem. Also their reviews would reflect this. I know what you mean though, the fact that we even have to consider this is a bit mind-boggling.

The korean thread has about a million recommendations of good sellers on ebay, I'm really sorry but I don't have the will to go and look - I think singsinggirl is very reliable? But BEWARE you may fall into the abyss of Korean/Japanese skincare and find yourself with eight tonnes of hand cream in banana and panda shaped bottles etc!

specialsubject Thu 06-Aug-15 10:05:39

many threads on this. If you want sun protection, use real sunscreen, not silly farty potion with a French name.

don't believe me? Believe the dermatologists.

FRUITYPIE77 Thu 06-Aug-15 10:43:12

The problem with normal sun cream special is that it is generally very greasy and therefore makeup won't stay on when applied over it. There's also a risk of breakouts.

FRUITYPIE77 Thu 06-Aug-15 10:44:29

Thanks County I'll make myself a cup of tea and start on the Korean thread. Love the idea of a banana shaped hand cream bottle!

GeneParmesan Thu 06-Aug-15 10:46:27

I use avene hydrance optimale, it's spf 20, not greasy at all and comes in light or rich depending on how dry your skin is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now