Talk

Advanced search

Dress for a wedding (as a guest)

(6 Posts)
reasonstobecheerful123 Wed 05-Aug-15 11:58:29

Looking for a dress with sleeves - 3/4 or at least at the elbows - I have chunky/awful upper arms and a much regretted tattoo.

Im a size 14, a bit booby and wide shouldered, but decent-ish figure. I've looked on Hobbs, Reiss, Alice Temperley, Coast (dont want to turn up in the same dress as someone else grin) Mint Velvet, ASOS, Other Stories, Finery, Karen Millen and I cant find anything that suits, that also has sleeves! Looking to spend up to £150 tho likely to end up throwing money at the problem for something a bit different, special enough for a wedding, but also not too 'out there'.

Any other ideas please? flowers

reasonstobecheerful123 Wed 05-Aug-15 12:03:43

Just to add; Im 42, so nothing too young/short-skirted or too frumpy

SwearyGodmother Thu 06-Aug-15 10:33:53

When is the wedding? It might be a little early to find stuff with sleeves, but you'll have more luck in a couple of weeks time. Any objections to second hand - eBay may work. I found a lovely Ted Baker dress with sleeves on there a few months ago, in spanking new condition and only £25 (was over £150 in shops new).

SwearyGodmother Thu 06-Aug-15 10:39:20

Will this work?

Or this one?

This is the dress I bought, though I think it'll be a bit small (size 2 is a 12?). It is floaty though so might be worth a punt.

5446 Thu 06-Aug-15 13:23:30

ASOS have a lot of wiggle dresses with sleeves. Ie this or this sort of style.

I've been eyeing up this for a wedding but need a more natural material for a wedding in the tropics.

this and this both very pretty.

Really like the sleeves on this one here

5446 Thu 06-Aug-15 13:32:24

Few HoF options:

this could work depending on your skin tone.

As could this depending on your height or how long you want it.

Love the pattern on this one.

Gorgeous colour - although only in 16 here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now