Talk

Advanced search

What do you have your eye on for Autumn or plan on buying?

(61 Posts)
CopaBanana Wed 05-Aug-15 10:21:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Nabootique Wed 05-Aug-15 10:25:45

I haven't spotted anything specific, but I look forward to H&M lovely, slouchy knitwear and the eternal search for the perfect pair of black biker type boots to replace my favourite dying ones.

CopaBanana Wed 05-Aug-15 10:39:01

BestIsWest Wed 05-Aug-15 10:42:15

Can't wait to get back into jumpers. I have promised myself some new cashmere and merino sweaters.

Nabootique Wed 05-Aug-15 10:49:21

I bought four pairs of boots last autumn/winter and none of them were right blush

CopaBanana Wed 05-Aug-15 10:55:36

lurkingfromhome Wed 05-Aug-15 11:04:00

I am fancying a pair of cropped wool trousers (not culottes but 3/4 length and a little bit wide-legged) to be worn with boots with a block heel. And the obligatory lovely jumpers which are indeed the best bit of the whole a/w clothes experience...

burnishedsilver Wed 05-Aug-15 11:24:52

I have a little wish list in Boden but most of the other shops dont have enough Autumn stock in to make a list from. I live in Ireland. We haven't had a summer. I need Autumn clothes to wear now.

mrslebon Wed 05-Aug-15 11:27:03

I'm so over summer and ready to embrace autumn! I've bought a couple of things already, including a chunky grey cotton knit from Jigsaw (outlet store), and a khaki patterned long sleeved dress from French Connection (outlet store). I really fancy some over the knee boots this year but the problem I always have is finding ones that are skinny enough for my legs. Think I'll try River Island and Dune as they tend to be skinny fit.

A few other things on my wishlist:

Love a textured knit!: www.esprit.co.uk/womenswear/jumpers-cardigans/cardigans/chunky-knitted-waistcoat-085CC1I029_040

This navy blazer - a wardrobe staple: www.esprit.co.uk/marled-knitted-blazer-with-stretch-085EE1G050_400?camp=UK_ES_MC_NL_60_05168&wt_cc1=banner_D5

This chunky knit (looks like it could be from Hush): www.veromoda.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-ROE-Site/en_GB/Product-Show?redirected=1&pid=10143940&dwvar_10143940_colorPattern=10143940_Pewter_485067&forcecountry=GB&forcebrand=vero-moda

These Boden boots in the burgundy leopard:
www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Shoes-Boots/Boots/AZ217/Womens-Keira-Boot.html

And this fringed suede bag: www.marksandspencer.com/leather-fringed-shopper-bag/p/p22414613?mfPartNumber=T016148I&carousel=FUNV_RR

mrslebon Wed 05-Aug-15 11:28:27

@CopaBanana - try Uniqlo for merino wool jumpers.

burnishedsilver Wed 05-Aug-15 11:44:34

I'm loving this look from Karen Millen.

burnishedsilver Wed 05-Aug-15 11:49:49

I want to try gaps skinny flare.

CopaBanana Wed 05-Aug-15 13:11:01

PetiteBateau Wed 05-Aug-15 13:40:35

I would like a new coat, preferably something tweedy & knee length. I need new knee high leather boots & thick tights. Dresses & cardies too & am searching for a new bag too

itsnothingoriginal Wed 05-Aug-15 14:05:54

I'm going to be searching (probably fruitlessly!) for the perfect sleeveless cardi. A bit like the Esprit waistcoat above but less chunky. Been looking for ages now and never found one though....

Other than that, I need new smart-ish boots for work!

MsBojangles Wed 05-Aug-15 14:26:40

Oh, I do like those KM trousers, burnished. Not sure I could pull that look off though without feeling like a twat

stripytees Wed 05-Aug-15 14:31:08

I'm going to buy a new coat. Something knee length and wool, not navy because I have a padded navy coat from the spring sales. Maybe charcoal.

Also I've seen some lovely chestnut suede ankle boots but not sure I can justify the £120 price tag...

toffeeboffin Wed 05-Aug-15 14:49:18

I really fancy a dark olive green and navy tartan dress. Elbow length sleeves, knee length, bit of stretch to fit nicely, scoop neck.

If anyone sees one, let me know! I've got a new job and it would fit so perfectly with the new role.

toffeeboffin Wed 05-Aug-15 14:50:18

I also fancy some really really nice brown leather boots, no cheap rubbish and a new pair of black fur-lined ankle boots.

Lottapianos Wed 05-Aug-15 15:41:28

Ooh what a lovely thread! I'm doing no spend August but that doesnt mean I can't get my research in smile

I need:

parka
nice wool coat
new socks and tights
new bras
skinny trousers for work
decent t-shirts
brown or grey ankle boots
couple of handbags, nothing fancy
some nice new Autumn makeup - blusher mostly and eyeshadow, also some nice nail colours for when its time to ditch the coral

Exciting!!!!

Lovewearingjeans Wed 05-Aug-15 15:42:10

Biker boots for me too.

mrsdavidbowie Wed 05-Aug-15 15:47:41

Well I have a challenge this autumn as I have reduced circumstances due to divorcing this year!
Luckily I stocked up on stuff whilst still married wink
I'm also very tall which means options are limited.

I would like some slim fitting long length tops to wear..hate to use the word tunic.
Love the Vera moda knit upthread.

Vintagebeads Wed 05-Aug-15 15:55:55

Nice grey ankle boots with no heel/low heel that doesn't cost the earth.Harder than you would think!

Happy36 Wed 05-Aug-15 15:56:42

New coat and new jacket. Not sure what style for either one.

Also some new jeans. Indigo. Slim fit, straight leg. Thin, soft fabric. Can´t stand thick, tough denim.

BestIsWest Wed 05-Aug-15 16:51:26

Copa' my cashmere sweaters last year came from m&S sale and Tesco. A lot of people will tell you that only Brora will do but I can't afford that and the Tesco cashmere I had was great and washed brilliantly. No bobbling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now