Talk

Advanced search

50s fashion for a toddler?!

(6 Posts)
sparksthefirst Tue 04-Aug-15 21:09:26

Hi we've been invited to a wedding which is a 50's/rockabilly/swing theme. No pressure to dress up but I'm not missing chance to wear a fab 50s frock! Wanted my nearly 2yo little boy to look the part....if I google toddler boy 50s all I seem to get is grease outfits! Lol, I'm thinking some braces at least... Any other ideas? Thanks

bigTillyMint Tue 04-Aug-15 21:14:12

What Prince George wears?!

Fairylea Tue 04-Aug-15 21:16:16

Have a look at Cath Kidston, JojoMaman and Rachel Riley websites (Rachel Riley is apparently the brand that Prince George wears a lot! )

Zorion Thu 06-Aug-15 15:53:58

Call the midwife! Perfect for inspiration!!

Carrefour has cord bloomers in, wear over tights with braces and nice shirt!

Havingkittens Thu 06-Aug-15 16:09:05

That's probably a bit more WWII than swing!

If it's not terribly formal, you could go for a nice hawaiian shirt and M&S have some great dark blue denim jeans with red selvedge turn ups. That's a nice rockabilly look for a 2 year old boy (one that ours finds himself in fairly regularly). Also, the Osh Kosh blue and white striped dungarees look great with just a white t shirt/bodysuit underneath, and perhaps a flat cap. I've bought a couple of pairs on eBay in the past.

sparksthefirst Fri 07-Aug-15 08:14:52

Hi all, thanks so much for all the ideas! Am on the hunt today...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now