Talk

Advanced search

Agh bugger, it looks like I've thrown out a favourite item rather than store it.....

(10 Posts)
Onamissionfor2015 Tue 04-Aug-15 20:47:27

Gutted!

Was a khaki canvas type bomber jacket with a grey Jersey hood and just the right amount of zips to make it look great.

I found it many moons ago in the new look sale hidden at the back of the rail and even though it was the wrong size I tried it anyway and it fitted like a glove smile

Was funny because it didn't look like a new look item and had a strange label on it but I bloody loved that jacket.

Just been looking online and noticed that bombers are really in again so went to hunt for it and it's gone. Can
Only think I must have got carried away on my last clear out.

I'm sure it was one of the oldest things I owned and now it's gone sad

What items does everyone else miss that have gone astray?

hooliodancer Tue 04-Aug-15 20:55:59

Oh! A fabulous boat neck/ bit off the shoulder white stretchy t shirt from Warehouse. I lost it 20 years ago (where, where, where did it go????) and I STILL think about it. I remember taking it off, at home, tired from a flight. Never saw it again.

Greengardenpixie Tue 04-Aug-15 21:07:05

I lost one of my lovely unusual fly london trainer shoes!!! Looked everywhere for it. Just recently flung out its the matching trainer. It better not bloody well turn up now!! Its been missing for years!! So strange.

WingsClipped Tue 04-Aug-15 21:16:20

Trench coats do NOT stay in my wardrobe. I've had at least two that have gone missing in the years. One a classic trench and the other gorgeously fitted in a cream colour. Still think they are somewhere possibly in the garage along with all my other crap

Tizwailor Tue 04-Aug-15 22:02:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MsBojangles Tue 04-Aug-15 22:09:55

I remember years ago storing my v. expensive and stylish ski outfit and some other bits and bobs in Mum and Stepdad's garage. He decided to have a clearout, assumed it was all rubbish and chucked the lot...yes, I'm still very bitter about it.

TheHappinessTrap Wed 05-Aug-15 08:48:19

That's such a shame.

I've got a few. My father rarely gives presents. Once when he was travelling through a mountainous area he came across a local weaver and bought a jacket/cardigan type thing as a gift for me. I loved it because it was from him. I'd always felt I was "out of sight, out of mind" for him and this was tangible proof that at least once that wasn't true. It wasn't my thing style-wise but I would wear it around the house. I was still young and moving around a lot so often had things in storage. Alongside bags of clothes likely to go to charity I would have bags of things just being stored. I accidentally donated it to charity. It was exceptionally distinctive and I saw someone wearing it once shortly after - it was how I learned of my mistake. It broke my heart.

I think the same bag must have had a pair of levi's, ripped and faded 501's, that an artist friend of mine at the time decorated with his sharpi at the end of school. I hate that I lost that.

On a separate note I once stored things at my grandparents while I was away from the country and when I returned to collect my things we learned that mice had got in to the box and chewed and stained their way through some keepsake clothing items. It's the only time I ever really stropped. I cried for hours. I felt bad about making my grandparents feel guilty and have long since apologised but I still think back to those things.

Clothes carry so much meaning!

SuperFlyHigh Wed 05-Aug-15 09:36:06

2 items a jersey keyhole clover Warehouse dress and a Fenn Wright and Manson grey lamb/merino jumper that when I was staying with my mother she threw out... I think.

I also sold at a boot sale a lovely rose pink Kew linen mix dress and found it this summer on Ebay! not same one I sold but another one! very pleased and bought it.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 05-Aug-15 09:55:39

A pair of sandles 2 years ago (I don't like buying shoes but these were comfy and fitted my very narrow feet). I'm blaming DH.

A Christmas long sleeved top (not a tacky jumper hmm ) this had a picture of a landscape and snowman.
Gone sad Again DH in the frame............

BestIsWest Wed 05-Aug-15 10:03:23

Lovely angora and silk pale grey sweater I got from Primark years ago. It was truly lovely. Left it in a restaurant and never saw it again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now