Talk

Advanced search

Apple shape help!

(9 Posts)
LindyHemming Tue 04-Aug-15 16:32:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Deeznutz Tue 04-Aug-15 16:43:39

Hip length boat neck tops are the ones I personally find the best style for my apple shape.

I bought a denim coloured tunic from Next that works well.

In terms of silhouette -skim past the waist and have material with stretch so it's not constrictive.

I get on well with the tight on the norks and flowing under tops that aren't empire line. They are often called swing tops or Trapeze. I go down a size so that it swings but doesn't swamp. Boden has some good ones at the moment.

Deeznutz Tue 04-Aug-15 16:52:47

I find Boden and Next cut well for apple shapes.

I wear black jersey maxi dresses that are column shaped and layer over them with slouchy slightly oversized tops or Bretons. It gives a slim line with no cling or gathering around the middle. I have bought mine from simply be in a size 14 (I am a 14-16) to give you an idea of sizing.

I also wear cigarette jeans from Next and layer a thigh length jersey Toast tunic over the top. These are good as they have a drop waist and a little bit of gathering, but only slightly so they flatter and do not add bulk. I sized down to a 12 in the tunic to keep the line neat.

Boden jersey weekend dress is cut for apples. You can layer under it too. I have one in black and get asked about it a lot. It's the one with pockets.

Deeznutz Tue 04-Aug-15 16:58:18

dress

Deeznutz Tue 04-Aug-15 17:00:40

tunic

Deeznutz Tue 04-Aug-15 17:03:29

jeans

Deeznutz Tue 04-Aug-15 17:10:55

this top is really flattering if you buy it in the navy or black and size down.

LindyHemming Tue 04-Aug-15 21:24:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HeyDuggee Tue 04-Aug-15 23:02:40

Cos. looks horrendous on website and you wouldn't think a shapeless bag of a dress would work on an apple, but it just somehow does.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now